The whiff from vehicles as they fly past

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yep, from blokes in vans, hatchbacks mostly round here and just young blokes walking around...early morning onwards

Not a female affliction from what I have observed
I know loads of women who smoke however it's something they do in private* as opposed to blokes who'll do just about anything anywhere.

* BTW by 'in private' I mean they smoke at home or with friends, 4 of the grand daughters are quite happy toking away on a spliff (the other 2 are only 9 and 13 so haven't started yet).

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Check astronomy in the last year and you'll work out the location.
I must admit, I'm keen on space tech, astronomy and sci-fi, and I'm none the wiser.
I've even worked on about thirty spacecraft that are in orbit right now.
I know you're somewhere not far from me because of the ABC challenge, but as to where...not a scooby!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yep, from blokes in vans, hatchbacks mostly round here and just young blokes walking around...early morning onwards

Not a female affliction from what I have observed
Unfortunately, it is ALSO a female affliction from what I have observed...

I'm very used to having crowds of skunk-smoking teens walking past me but I was a bit taken aback this afternoon when a couple who looked about 40 walked past with 2 children aged 5 or 6 in tow, and a baby in the mum's arms. It was the fact that she was dangling her spliff about 6 inches from the infant's face that shocked me ...
A couple of weeks ago I saw a young couple walking down the road with their small son whizzing along on a micro-scooter in front of them. He hit a bump on the pavement and took a heavy tumble. He burst into tears and was crying for help but his parents didn't react at all and just slowly meandered up towards him. Mum passed a spliff to dad and then the smell of skunk wafted over to my side of the road. I don't care (within reason) what parents get up to once their kids are safely tucked up in bed in the evenings but being stoned stupid in the middle of the day and neglecting your responsibilities ... I felt sorry for the child and wondered what chance he has when he might never even know what it is like to have a clear-thinking parent there 'in the moment' with him!
:thumbsdown:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've certainly known people of all genders who're quite keen on the weed.
It's like anything else - alcohol, drugs, 'shrooms, or whatever your inebriant of choice is. It affects your abilities to look out for yourself and others.
Would I get pissed when I have people to look after? Hell, no.
If all I have to worry about is getting the bin out? I'm busily working away on my Abbot Ale :cheers:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I did bins earlier as well. But no Abbot Ale. They haven't quite got weed legal around here yet, but work continues apace.

Globalti

Legendary Member
What amazes me is that dope smokers must think other people can't smell it. They stink and their cars must stink inside. I can even smell it inside the car when I'm driving behind them.

The fear of a random catch has disappeared. If alcohol wasn't so expensive drink driving would be increasing far more than it actually is. The country's ditches would be full of wrecked cars.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What amazes me is that dope smokers must think other people can't smell it. They stink and their cars must stink inside. I can even smell it inside the car when I'm driving behind them.

The fear of a random catch has disappeared. If alcohol wasn't so expensive drink driving would be increasing far more than it actually is. The country's ditches would be full of wrecked cars.

Its the same for normal ciggy smokers too. You can smell them a mile off.
Then you get the vapers. Some of which emit huge plumes of Vape fumes. It sometimes looks like their car is on fire.

D

Deleted member 26715

Think it's a common issue, same when walking around Sheffield, son bought a car the other week, he had to open all the windows on the way back he was getting a headache from the fumes coming from the upholstery. I find it interesting that to me you see more use of it on TV which then seems to reflect in real life, it's very prevalent in US TV, it's almost like subliminal marketing.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Cigarette smoke gives off tars, which are extremely substantial and don't evaporate, same as the tars in your chimney. Cannabis also give off tars but they stink even more than ordinary tars. You can always tell when somebody has smoked in a car or hotel room no matter how hard they have tried to disguise the smell.

I agree that it's time to legalise drugs in order that the government can earn revenue, some of which can be used to treat the medical and social consequences of drug use. We treat alcohol in the same way so I don't see any difference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom