The whiff from vehicles as they fly past

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Maybe it’s time to legalise and tax given it’s so prevalent anyhow?
I agree that it's time to legalise drugs in order that the government can earn revenue, some of which can be used to treat the medical and social consequences of drug use. We treat alcohol in the same way so I don't see any difference.
Having had a daughter who had severe bouts of paranoia/anxiety after smoking I'm not sure I could support that, although I do understand we've lost the battle so we may as well make the best of a bad situation. As you can see I'm torn on this one.

Johnno260

Veteran
Tunbridge Wells and the cars and parks stink of the stuff here it's a joke.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
There's generally a gaggle of smokers around the entrance of my local railway station early in the morning, having a quick gasper before going onto the platform where, of course, smoking is not permitted. Naturally this fug has a strong herbal whiff. I find it quite amusing that the weed smokers are so punctilious about following the rules and not smoking on the platform.

bladderhead

Legalise it all. Booze killed my grandfather. Politicians like to find someone to bash, so they can advertise themselves as bashing someone.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Having had a daughter who had severe bouts of paranoia/anxiety after smoking I'm not sure I could support that, although I do understand we've lost the battle so we may as well make the best of a bad situation. As you can see I'm torn on this one.

That's not good to hear. Do you think the same would have happened if her drug use had been medically supervised?

D

Deleted member 26715

That's not good to hear. Do you think the same would have happened if her drug use had been medically supervised?
No idea, but if it is available on open sale there would be no medical supervision involved.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
No idea, but if it is available on open sale there would be no medical supervision involved.
But the fact that it is illegal did not prevent her getting it. Regulate, tax and control is the best way to deal with something that will never be stamped out by making it illegal. The Americans discovered that all prohibition did was to make criminals very rich.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Continentals especially the French seem to have a different attitude to alcohol and the Dutch a different attitude to cannabis. Nobody has even succeeded in explaining the French alcohol thing so I can only conclude that it's down to national character and culture.

D

Deleted member 26715

But the fact that it is illegal did not prevent her getting it. Regulate, tax and control is the best way to deal with something that will never be stamped out by making it illegal. The Americans discovered that all prohibition did was to make criminals very rich.
That's your view & you're welcome to it, I'm still not convinced, that the issue is that there is not enough desire/finance to stop it.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
.We treat alcohol in the same way so I don't see any difference.

You cannot get drunk standing next to a drinker, but you can be adversely affected by standing next to a cannabis user.

I suppose you could legalise intravenous drug use, although given the adverse impact on health of the likes of cocaine and heroin, legalising it is unlikely.

Neither is cannabis harmless.

Regular use scrambles the brain, and it's a proven gateway to harder drugs and general criminality.

Slioch

Guru
Me and a mate went to see Slade in concert at the Royal Albert Hall sometime around 1981. We had 2 seats in a "box" which we shared with a group of trendy slightly older sophisticates who were smoking weed (goodness knows what they were doing at a Slade concert!).

The tightarses didn't offer to share, but didn't need to. By the time we left I was high as a kite on what they were breathing out.:hyper:

I think that was my first attack of the munchies too. By the time I got home I just remember sticking my head in the fridge and inhaling. :mrpig:

Birdie

Recently whilst out riding I have been surprised by the frequent whiff of 'waccy baccy' coming from vehicles as they whizz by. Seems there is some pretty decent stuff out there. Anyone else experience this, or any other unusual whiffs?
Loads where I live, even stinks in all the local shops, think the whole neighbourhood are on it! :ohmy:. First thing I smelt when I got in from my ride today too. Oh the joys of living in a flat :rolleyes:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
It's a rare commute (into/out of Salford), when I don't get hit with the smell. Last Monday was particularly bad. In my youth it was for chilling, particularly for certain friends at weekends. Now it seems drivers and pedestrians need to take it even at 5:45/6am.

Top Bottom