The worst bit of your job?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Paperwork and timesheets/mileage claims are the worst ... and we are rolling around to me having to sit there and invent things again!!! Now being told that I have to be careful what I write in my paperwork as well as under the FOI act it could be revealled/released what ever the term is.

Norm

Since being made redundant in Feb, I have to say that I quite like my current job.

The hours are flexible, with a time and place only fixed for about 15 minutes every fortnight, but the salary is absolutely crap. :smile:

al78

Guru
Worst thing is that I am the only member of staff apart from my boss which means that all the responsibility for checking our software products and the website is updating correctly is down to me. Means I have to take a laptop with me when I go to visit family and means I can never really relax if i go away for more than a couple of days (particularly during the hurricane season).

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Having to do software implementations at 03:00 AM on Sunday mornings... doesn't happen very often (4 or 5 times a year) but it really screws the weekend up.

mangaman

Dayvo said:
Waking up at 05.30 every morning.

I automatically wake early at weekends when I'm not working, but can just go back to sleep, and have the luxury of a two-hour lie-in!

Ditto (although not nearly as bad - my alarm is 6.45). I wake up at that time every day now and I'm not a natural morning person :thumbsup:

gbb

Legendary Member
Dealing with people at work that think they know your job better than you do.
Give a guy a little instruction on how to diagnose or fix a problem...and all of a sudden, he's an expert on every aspect of everything.
Tunnel vision, they see what they see and cant think laterally. Surprising how many people do that when you try to train them with some basics of machine maintenance and repairs.

Also surprising, and annoying is people who have a problem with something...and then talk about how they think you should do it. They're nearly always wrong.

God knows, i'm not that special...but the ability to look, then think about the reasons for something happening seem to elude many people.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Being surrounded by people who know how long it should take me to do my job (about 50% of what it actually takes).
If any of these people could actually do my job, I wouldn't mind so much.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
When I was a driving instructor the worst part was dealing with fathers who knew it all.

"I passed my test after six lessons (bollox they did) and how come my Wayne/Tracy (who are brain dead and have the co-ordinaton of a drunken giraffe) have been learning for a month and not been put in for their tests yet"?

bianchi1

Guru
The late nights. Being a chef I find it's the messed up body clock that's the problem. It's hard to get through to people that even though I might finish at 11 I can't just be in bed asleep at 12. You still need a wind down time so I don't often get to sleep till 3. Then even when you are not working you are wide awake most of the night.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I love my export customers, really enjoy them, but some of them don't half wind me up when they're slow to pay because I have to justify my decision to give them credit. I've only ever made one bad decision and that cost the company £7000, which wasn't a train smash but earned me a couple of bollockings at the time.

Top Bottom