The Zwifting TTT thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Very steep learning curve for me
To start with I forgot my kit so had to do it in kit from the lost property box
No music apart from something that had instruments coming over discord but no way can be described as music !
Them rollers mucked everything up for me and was yo-yoing all over the place and found out waste of time trying to do a turn on front going down hill as others fly pass and was just best to do the same , just pedal like mad then coast
Now I am sitting at work thinking about it , I really enjoyed it and sorry for being the newbie
So nice to have the dinosaur jokes out the way 🙄😁

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
No worries - it was a good workout while it lasted. You lads are in a different class. Kudos!

I didn’t realise you were struggling. It’s the irony of the TTT that the guys who feel the best on the night also suffers the least isn’t it.

Hopefully we can work out a system that gets the people feeling the strongest on the night doing the longer turns.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

No music apart from something that had instruments coming over discord but no way can be described as music !
Them rollers mucked everything up for me and was yo-yoing all over the place and found out waste of time trying to do a turn on front going down hill as others fly pass and was just best to do the same , just pedal like mad then coast
Now I am sitting at work thinking about it , I really enjoyed it and sorry for being the newbie

I think that’s basically it mate. Don’t bother with turns going up or down hill if it’s anything over 2/3%, just stick together as best as possible.

You held the line perfectly though.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

I think everyone held the line really well last night looking back. I was probably jumping around the most… it definitely helps if you know someone should be in front of you to then leave them a gap to slot into so it doesn’t get bunched. It gets harder though as everyone gets tired because people might struggle to get back on if they drop back to open the gap for someone.

Rich A

Don't worry they're the only 2 dinosaur jokes I know.

I really enjoyed last night, it was good to race without any pressure, although I won't thank Al for leaving me alone with you 3 :eek: :laugh:!!

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I honestly felt bad leaving you there Rich ^_^ and I checked out of discord early so don’t know how you all finished up. Looking back at my stats my 20 min power last night was just a few watts shy of my 2022 PB

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Guys in the spirit of being candid I may not of got around to signing us up this week for the TTT as of yet…but I will! In a bit! Promise!!

I think it might be thin again numbers wise what with various nasty bugs floating around as well as errant delivery drivers!

I’ve copied pasted you all in because it’s easier than writing your names out again, but I obv already know the various reasons why some of you cant make it. But do we have enough to make the start line?

Bob
Paul
Alan
Joff
Lee
Me

Maybe Michael with a dollop of luck? Would you guys provisionally sign up if I sign us up?

(Can’t remember if you had something on this week Legs?)

I am aware it’s probably not the best time to ask, right after you’ve done just down a TTT 😄

@Rich A
@bobinski
@berty bassett
@bridgy
@Joffey
@IrishAl
@mjd1988
@Ketty
@Legs

bridgy

Legendary Member
Guys in the spirit of being candid I may not of got around to signing us up this week for the TTT as of yet…but I will! In a bit! Promise!!

I think it might be thin again numbers wise what with various nasty bugs floating around as well as errant delivery drivers!

I’ve copied pasted you all in because it’s easier than writing your names out again, but I obv already know the various reasons why some of you cant make it. But do we have enough to make the start line?

Bob
Paul
Alan
Joff
Lee
Me

Maybe Michael with a dollop of luck? Would you guys provisionally sign up if I sign us up?

I am aware it’s probably not the best time to ask, right after you’ve done just down a TTT 😄

@Rich A
@bobinski
@berty bassett
@bridgy
@Joffey
@IrishAl
@mjd1988
@Ketty
@Legs

I'm in 👍

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Good stuff paul 👍

We’re now officially registered. As I say, probably not the best time to suggest it 😄.

Michael might correct me on this… but I believe after giving birth, the female body produces some type of pain killing hormone, which is credited with convincing women even though they’ve been in really excruciating pain. Going through labour again would be something they’d be willing to repeat in the future.

Now unfortunately guys, I don’t have a stash of this hormone to hand to convince you that the pain you’ve just been through is worth going through again on Thursday. But in all honestly I don’t think any of us would be brave enough to publicly declare a TTT race comparable to child birth anyway! :B)

But if you think it might help, I could probably organise for you to receive a bag of weed in the post to help you forget tonight’s ordeal

🤙

https://www.wtrl.racing/RacePass/dU1UOWtnYytCSXBNS0pML0Nvem1QZ1Z1RHJjN2xHNWV0QWhFTWdlditTYz0=

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru

Bob
Paul
Alan
Joff
Lee
Me

@Rich A
@bobinski
@berty bassett
@bridgy
@Joffey
@IrishAl
@mjd1988
@Ketty
@Legs

Garmin estimating Thursday now so fingers crossed. But they've changed their minds a few times...

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Anyone looked at the course for tomorrow?

(Spoiler alert)

738FA801-7CE9-48DD-947E-BD3A4432F762.png

https://zwiftinsider.com/route/tour-of-tewit-well/

Seems an odd choice for a TTT to me. Doesn’t play into our team dynamic at all really does it!

CXRAndy

Guru
You don't have any heavyweight riders, so it looks to be a fairly decent course. You,Lee climbers, Paul good puncher over shorter climbs. Strong squad with the others too

Top Bottom