There is light at the end of the tunnel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I am sure they will give you pain meds as needed. Just don't want you getting hooked on the hard stuff, hence removal of the pump. I found diazepam to be beneficial as a muscle relaxant.

It's not surprising it hurts, they've cut muscle, messed around with nerves and bones. Orthopaedics is pretty brutal, that's why they knock you out!

It will be worth it in the end for sure :smile:

Your right how I feel now I wish I hadn't bothered,can't believe how good I felt when I awoke yesterday but now that all the drugs have worn off, I can honestly say I have never felt anything like it.
Thank you for all your good wishes , they are appreciated.
We always cancelled any visitors that tried to come the day after the op. It was always the worst day for me and you are really putting me off what is ahead of me next week you know... ;)
I am sure we will both be better off for it in the end, it is just right now for you it does not feel like it and I suspect I will be saying exactly the same thing this time next week as well. Pre-op tomorrow, just hoping my rattling goes away! (my chest is not rattling but sounding like I have just taken my saline nebuliser right now which is not good news!)

I did look up what was going on for the surgery and then decided against it. My surgeon has already told me he expects it to take a day longer for recovery for me :sad:

@SatNavSaysStraightOn It will all be worth it in the end, ( I hope ) I just can't believe I felt fine yesterday compared to now well huge difference I'm sure you will be in good hands and well looked after, good luck tomorrow :okay:
Here's hoping you feel better tomorrow as well. I have found it is always the crunch day after a big op.
Also when physio try to move you, make sure you have had some morphine about 45 minutes beforehand. Try to arrange it this way, life is much less painful that way. I will tell physio I am not doing what they want until 45mins to an hour after I have had pain relief so that it has had time to take effect. Luckily the hospital I am going to is a really small one, so I already know the staff and they know me...

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I am sure they will give you pain meds as needed. Just don't want you getting hooked on the hard stuff, hence removal of the pump. I found diazepam to be beneficial as a muscle relaxant.

It's not surprising it hurts, they've cut muscle, messed around with nerves and bones. Orthopaedics is pretty brutal, that's why they knock you out!

It will be worth it in the end for sure :smile:
When I went in for my second operation to remove the pin, drill out the inside of my femur and insert a bigger pin I was offered the option of having it done under an epidural......................................................................I declined. :whistle:

Your right how I feel now I wish I hadn't bothered,can't believe how good I felt when I awoke yesterday but now that all the drugs have worn off, I can honestly say I have never felt anything like it.
Thank you for all your good wishes , they are appreciated.

Oddly enough, having had both ends of my spine done (and spent 6 weeks on my back when the cervical job went off-plan), by far the most painful experience was an innocuous clean out of my right shoulder 2 years ago, in and out in a day, no problem, no pain. Until 10 days later when, within 30 mins, I went from asleep to screaming, and an hour later being admitted to hospital for the next 17 days. Infection in the shoulder joint. Now that hurt! Morphine on demand for the next week. Spinal surgery, doddle! Titanium plates and bone grafts included. Forget swimming. Boring. Get that recumbent ordered. You know you want to. ^_^

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I did look up what was going on for the surgery and then decided against it. My surgeon has already told me he expects it to take a day longer for recovery for me :sad:
Definitely don't do that............I watched the op for plating a collar bone.........fortunately after the event or I probably wouldn't have gone ahead!

Hope it all goes well for you Emma.

Mrs M

Guru
I can lie down and stand up ,sitting is a definate no, not for more than a minute or two, they tell me this is normal due to the position I was in for 6 hours during surgery and that it will get easier, I bloody hope so .
Feeling sleepy now so ......zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Get some sleep.
You're body's just had a major trauma.
Good night. :smile:

Top Bottom