There is light at the end of the tunnel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just had a session with the physical terrorist, he said if my xray is OK and he can teach me to go up and down stairs on crutches then I'm good to go I have my fingers , toes and eyes crossed for this afternoon :wacko:
Good luck. Hospitals are great when you need them, but you can't beat being back in your own home.

arch684

Veteran
Just had a session with the physical terrorist, he said if my xray is OK and he can teach me to go up and down stairs on crutches then I'm good to go I have my fingers , toes and eyes crossed for this afternoon :wacko:
Pay attention to what your told about going up and down stairs.I fell down my stairs on crutches,burst the stitches in my knee and broke my wrist.I was left hobbling about on one crutch looking like long john silver,only thing missing was a parrot

I remember that bit well! The physios decided that I was a complete numbskull with the crutches, and more likely to do more damage, so they just launched me at the parallel bars until I could do 10m on my own. Then I had to show them that I could get down onto the floor and up again, and then up and down a flight of stairs, and they'd let me out. Believe me, after 6 weeks flat on my back that was more of a challenge than I'd expect to face riding Mt Ventoux in a headwind, and then the Stelvio, and all the rest of the classic climbs in one day.

Was very pleased when they told me I could go home. But come back soon to start the rehab....... That's when the pain really started!

Hope you're looking forward to that bit!

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
Yeah I know I would be very surprised if I go home today, they have managed to get my pain under control, for which I am grateful, and I have been up and about with crutches. All be it very wobbly and painful still waiting to go to xray, everything seems to take hours here.

wait til they tell you you can't go home without having had some blood tests done. that was pulled on me last summer. I was not even meant to be on that ward, but was because of a bed issue. they then decided that ward rules applied to me despite me not being in for a cardio op, (I was in for a urinary op) and I had to have the blood tests done and the results come back before I was discharged. A day case with a 7am admittance suddenly became an overnight stay and I didn't get off the ward until 7pm the next evening!

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
Well they just had me on the stairs, he's happy for me to go depending on this xray that I'm still waiting to go for.

Top Bottom