There is light at the end of the tunnel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
[Waits nervously ... :unsure: :huh: ]

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Amazing that you are sufficiently compus mentus to come and tell us all about it ! :ohmy:

Best Wishes for a mega-speedy recovery, with minimum pain and back on the bike** sooner than anticipated ! :wahhey:

**maybe I should have said 'a return to the bike ... ' ;) :laugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
Feeling awful this morning really painful , morphine pump getting some hammer this morning. Right leg is rather weak with constant pins and needles all the way down but strangely not in my foot I had exped that to go efter the pressure on the nerve was released but doc says nerve is severely damaged and will take a while to repair itself .
It looks like gods waiting room with the other 5 elderly patients, if snoring was an Olympic sport then every one of them would be a gold medalist .

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Feeling awful this morning really painful , morphine pump getting some hammer this morning. Right leg is rather weak with constant pins and needles all the way down but strangely not in my foot I had exped that to go efter the pressure on the nerve was released but doc says nerve is severely damaged and will take a while to repair itself .
It looks like gods waiting room with the other 5 elderly patients, if snoring was an Olympic sport then every one of them would be a gold medalist .
It was a bit like that when I had my leg repaired, the ward was full of hip replacement patients (some of them not so patient) for both operations with only a few of us under 60.

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
They just took my morphine pump away :sad: buggers,didn't sleep until about 4:30 and got woke up at six, doc been wants to try get me on my feet for a standing xray. Today or. If to painful or leg too weak then try again tomorrow.

vickster

Legendary Member
You have my sympathies. When I had my op 20 years ago, they didn't get me up for 5 days IIRC! I was pretty much sedated for 2 or 3 days

I was 20 up in Harrogate (with my Southern accent), I was beautifully mothered by all the older ladies having their hips and knees done. The Consultant who operated is actually a very old friend of my parents so the patients were amused by that too :smile:

Been there, done that, both lumbar and cervical ends. It will get better, but you'll probably not feel like running a marathon for a couple of months.

It does take time though - and not just a couple of weeks. :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:wahhey: Well Done @roadrash ! Can't be much wrong with you - you're still posting on CC ... :laugh:

Any surgery is an internal mechanical invasion of your body, so how much more the major kind you have just had ? :eek:

You will recover, things will get better and you'll have some stories to tell and some scars to back them up (pun intentional :biggrin:).
We're all watching, reading and sympathising with great interest - and very glad it is you :sad: and not us ... :heat:

More Best Wishes and GWS :hugs:

Top Bottom