These are the people your children admire folks....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
He's a little self-gratification artist, soon to be a has-been little self-gratification artist. Hurrah!!

MarkF

Guru
My 11 year old saw through him last year.....phew

Just need to educate her about Harry Styles and his mates

Had the very same experience with my 11 year old, he's nearly finished.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I remember one of my teachers going off on one about people taking a pop at George Best: "You take a 17 year old from utter obscurity in the slums of Belfast and turn him virtually overnight into a global megastar, and...it goes to his head. Well what the hell would they expect?" This feels a bit similar to me. No-one that age can handle that kind of wealth and adulation without paying some kind of price. This one seems fairly modest, in the great scheme of things. (Not that it's not a hoot, he hastened to add.)

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Most people are further down the path to adulthood by the age of 19.

Don't you believe it. The current generation of teenagers are much less mature than their predecessors. Fewer off them are independent, autonomous, analytical young adults than ever based on thirty years of attempting to educate them.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
he's lived in a bubble with what Cav puts it as 'having sunshine blown up his a**e' constantly during his emotionally formaitive years, why on earth wouldn't he write something like that in his naivety and cossetted world. All he generally sees is young girls screaming adoration and tweeting they're the future Mrs Bieber at him, so thats the view he'll have of young women no matter what the circumstance.

You see celebs on these fly on the wall documentaries far older and having started out in far less of a bubble acting like spoiled kids so why wouldn't a spoiled kid act like one.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Isn't it a bit like John Lennon and the 'bigger than Jesus' comment, only less musically sound? :smile:

green1

Über Member
Don't you believe it. The current generation of teenagers are much less mature than their predecessors. Fewer off them are independent, autonomous, analytical young adults than ever based on thirty years of attempting to educate them.
And IMO that's not their fault. They are not allowed to grow up with out some telling them to stop doing things because a risk assessment said they might get a slight scratch. Without freedom do go and make a few mistakes (ok a few to many painful one in my case) they aren't going to grow up. I'm 30 so by no means ancient but I've noticed it in the graduates coming into the work place too.

green1

Über Member
Rather that then find slipknot posters in my 11 year olds bedroom
Speak for yourself.Slipknot are crap but means it's far easier to move them on to decent music from slipknot (ie tell them to go listen to the bands that inspired slipknot) than it is to (r)educate some who listens to and presumably enjoys the manufactured auto tuned crap that is pop 'music' today.

Top Bottom