They've sent the wrong pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not a lot of people would want to admit to it
it was great... high points were:

1. ringing the bells in Church church
  2. going to watch Condorman at the pictures
  3. a dog vomiting in my shoe whilst i slept

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I ended up buying the mountain bike Shimanos from Halfords. Although i paid full price for them! I asked the assistant if he could sort it for me to have them at the online price. He went away, fiddled with the computer then after about 10 minutes told me the computer was down. So i had to pay full wack for them! How annoying is that? I couldn't wait to go home order them online then wait 2 to 3 days before i could ride my new bike so i had to have them. Does anyone know if i can somehow claim the difference back?

Although i paid full price for them! I asked the assistant if he could sort it for me to have them at the online price. He went away, fiddled with the computer then after about 10 minutes told me the computer was down

Never go shopping in Halfords without a smartphone in your pocket. They either have a really rubbish computer system that is always down or they are trained to do this to avoid the price matching thing. I think it is at least possible that they are on an intranet and can't actually get online, as such. Take a smartphone. (As if life were possible without one, these days...) (Old man mode off.)

I ended up buying the mountain bike Shimanos from Halfords. Although i paid full price for them! I asked the assistant if he could sort it for me to have them at the online price. He went away, fiddled with the computer then after about 10 minutes told me the computer was down. So i had to pay full wack for them! How annoying is that? I couldn't wait to go home order them online then wait 2 to 3 days before i could ride my new bike so i had to have them. Does anyone know if i can somehow claim the difference back?
YES you have 7 days

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...52_productId_945392_langId_-1_categoryId_null

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
- and you can ask them to match Wiggle's or Ribble's or Merlin's price - £16.99 for M520s (if that's what you bought).

wonderloaf

Veteran
Exactly the same thing happened to mate of mine, take proof of the lower price (print out, smartphone, etc) and they should refund you. BTW just had the same hassle with Evans over a pair of A520's, but they didn't argue over the lower price as they couldn't really refuse to price match themselves!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
it was great... high points were:

1. ringing the bells in Church church
  2. going to watch Condorman at the pictures
  3. a dog vomiting in my shoe whilst i slept
Did you stay in the 5 star Commercial Hotel in Church?
7166147713_1ec7938030_b.jpg

Top Bottom