thieving b@stard scum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
If you believe Google, the term 'Hanoi burglary' originates from one of the first police operations to target burglars who go after car keys to get the car.

I've not heard the term used around the courts, but this type of offending is sometimes called a 'two and two' burglary - not sure of the origin.

A few years ago, quite a few offences were carried out with a fishing rod via the letterbox.

Moral of the story there is don't leave your car keys on the hall table.

D

Deleted member 26715

Moral of the story there is don't leave your car keys on the hall table.
Depending on the car they no longer have to gain access to the house for several makes that have keyless entry systems, they manage to spoof the keys to unlock the car & start it, then plug in the laptop & code a new key to it.

Sixmile

Veteran
Horrible thing to happen @roadrash , especially with your granddaughter in the house. After years of hearing of none around us, there has been a spate of burglaries and aggravated burglaries in our area in the last year. In fact, our neighbour got broken into 2 weeks ago, although his place is much fancier than ours.

Here's hoping the police get some sort of result and that you don't stand to lose too much once everything is said and done.

D

Deleted member 26715

Having a dog can help. At least, he would have barked and woken you up and hopefully frightened the scums to flee.
Not ours, she's getting that old & deaf you can now walk into the house past her bed & upstairs & she hasn't a clue :laugh: not funny in this instance but it is at times when she suddenly realises your home.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
We got burgled twice when we lived in Newcastle and were away on holiday- once by kids who nicked my old camera that my dad bought me when I was 18 to take to college- then later a 'house clearance' gang took everything electrical worth having... we had a B+W TV at the time but they left that.

It's the invasion that's upsetting not the things.

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
All the same type of car?

I don't know if they was all the same or not, just going off what mrs roadrash has seen on facebook…

police still haven't been yet...…...:tired:

Top Bottom