Things I don't 'get' in this modern world

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Nothing on here really matters, Spinney. I just thought the use of the pejorative was interesting. Adopted is much more neutral, well done.
Thank you so much. I do like being patronised on a friendly chat forum.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Especially Scottish chaps, they like frocking up.

I did read a nice story of a kilted Scotsman walking down the road in America somewhere. Local lad loudly exclaimed "look at that faggot in a skirt" Said Scotsman was of "porridge eater" build ie he resembled the highland games strongman on the porridge box. He wandered over, towering over the lads "is there a problem here laddie?" Turned out there wasn't a problem after all

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Do your cats attack you for no reason occasionally ?
Yep because after all.......................................................................................................They're cats. :crazy: :evil: :becool:

The word 'millennial'. Somebody seems to have made it up but nobody quite knows what it means. I've heard it used to describe people born since 2000 but other people use it to mean people who came of working age/voting age/graduated since 2000. A completely useless word.

Cold, clammy, damp-in-the-mouth pre-pack sandwiches. Bread made of sand. Cemented with clingy, sticky-gunk, "mayonnaise". Improbably coloured. You know - the ones in triangular plastic packs, with the offensive "farm-fresh" kind of label. Made in Middlesbrough, and trucked to Leeds; or made in Leeds and trucked to Middlesbrough.

Revolting. Disgusting. Long live old-fashioned bakers, who pile freshly made rolls with fresh-cut salad, a freshly boiled and sliced egg, and cheese grated that morning - and offer you the choice of salad cream, "mayonnaise", OR NOTHING AT ALL! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom