Things I don't understand...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
and need help with:

Why don't some people wear seat belts? It seems very popular with young Asian men.

Gavin and Stacey?

Why is diesel more that petrol and despite their relative prices, whether petrol be 87p or 125p, the difference is always 12p-15p?

PaulB

Legendary Member
Cantonese. Could never understand that in a million years. Welsh too. Quite like hearing it but they may as well be talking Greek.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Disgruntled Goat said:
and need help with:

Why don't some people wear seat belts? It seems very popular with young Asian men.
I saw a couple of Asian men in a white open top Lambo in Manchester on Saturday night. Stereo on loud, no seat belts, engine screaming its nuts off and both flicking their hands in all directions and acting as if they were in a carnival procession.
Interesting watching other people spot then coming and turning their backs or tutting.

colly

Re member eR
Why it is felt necessary to save grotesquely expensive paintings 'for the nation'.
Let them be sold on the open market. If they go abroad so be it.
Let's face it they aren't going to be destroyed and the odds of seeing it in the flesh as it were are about the same for the vast majority of the 50 million or so who live here. About zero.

An Italian artists depiction of a Greek myth is the latest.

Disgruntled Goat said:
and need help with:

Why don't some people wear seat belts? It seems very popular with young Asian men and women to let their children lark about in the back of vehicles...

Why is 'stuff' ie: religious/iconic/nationalistic/humourous etc allowed to dangle in front of a driver's eyes yet a small chip in the windscreen within 'the field of vision' is considered a handicap?

Why do we need to buy so much 'stuff'?

;)

TVC

Women - I know, an oldie but a goodie.

More seriously - Why is fixing the outcome of a horse race for profit a crime, but fixing the price of shares by spreading false rumours is ligitimate business practice.

Mr Pig

Why do Health And Safety Nazis, who slap guards on every moving part of industrial machines, condemn children's playgrounds if one bolt is loose, allow a thousand people to pack themselves to the edge of a subway platform as 3'000 tons of train blasts past?

Chrisz

Über Member
Why do you never see baby pigeons?

Why, when I take something apart and re-assemble it, do I always end up with spare bits, yet the thing I took apart continues to function perfectly?

Why is it that the older I get the faster I was?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think lack of seat belts tends to be highest in certain areas within the city - usually in the areas of deprivation. If its an adult OK your choice, but I wish they would make the kids belt up...

domd1979

Veteran
Disgruntled Goat said:
Why is diesel more that petrol and despite their relative prices, whether petrol be 87p or 125p, the difference is always 12p-15p?

Diesel's more expensive in winter with demand for heating oil (red diesel) being higher. If I've done me homework right, refining capacity has something to do with it combined with increased demand for diesel globally.

Top Bottom