Things I don't understand...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
The Velvet Curtain said:
Women - I know, an oldie but a goodie.

More seriously - Why is fixing the outcome of a horse race for profit a crime, but fixing the price of shares by spreading false rumours is ligitimate business practice.

Aperitif said:
Because the govenment sponsors one and taxes the other - simple!:biggrin:

Aperitif - The government certainly does not sponsor the oldies, but it does tax the goodies. ;):smile:;)

A bit of an 'owler there Speicher...you're too wise for me;) :tongue:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
On a lighter note, and frivolous, and I can say it because I am female.:biggrin:

Why do women who drive big cars, not understand that reversing and all sorts of manouevres would be a lot easier, if they knew about and implemented reverse lock when steering?

btw, I drive a biggish car, and without said reverse lock, I would be stuck, and a prize is offered to the first young person who says they have not even heard the expression. :thumbsup: (I'm old but not that old):tongue:

Seatbelts - I think it may be a religious thing. If you believe that god is in control and when your number is up it is up then a seatbelt will not help.
Or there is an element of betting against yourself by wearing it.
Or you are just a tosser and think it is cool.

Diesel - There is more power in a litre of Diesel so it is taxed on the energy it contains. So it attracts a higher tax per litre. Home diesel which is heating oil (not red diesel which is for farm vehichles) is exactly the same stuff and there is a capacity problem if home heating demand is high. I cant see that car fuel or home heat are supply and demand led. It is not as if you have an instant alternative like buying Pears when Apples cost too much.

Gavin and Stacey. The girl (the nice one) was naked in Love Actually and I watched the first series in the hope that she would get her kit off. After that I went off it a bit. Love Actually was on TV in the week and I flicked over just when her nude scene came on - Result! so did not have to sit through the other two hours of crap.

Speicher said:
On a lighter note, and frivolous, and I can say it because I am female.:biggrin:

Why do women who drive big cars, not understand that reversing and all sorts of manouevres would be a lot easier, if they knew about and implemented reverse lock when steering?

btw, I drive a biggish car, and without said reverse lock, I would be stuck, and a prize is offered to the first young person who says they have not even heard the expression. :thumbsup: (I'm old but not that old):tongue:

I have not heard of it but I am 48 so not able to qualify for the prize.

I dont know what reverse lock is. If you are going backwards dont you just turn the front end where you want to line up the back end to go?

Night Train

Maker of Things
Reverse lock - when you want the front of the car to turn in one direction so you turn the steering to full lock the opposite way to where the car is meant to go.
Swinging the front to the left while reversing, turn the steering full lock to the right.

OH I see!

I think that is what I do. Well the car goes in the gap I want it to.

Is that why women never seem to reverse into a parking space and make a crap job of going in frontways?

The old joke is that women are crap at parking because they have been told that this (hold finger and thumb apart) is eight inches.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Over The Hill said:
Is that why women never seem to reverse into a parking space and make a crap job of going in frontways?
You've not been watching the right women. I'm awesome at reverse and parallel parking. :sad:

night train said:
If IAMS cat food is so good why isn't the Siamese cat in the advert eating any?
Because it's a cat and is waiting for you to open another variety of food second before face plants into the IAMS.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I dont understand religion.

Or rasicm.... there's so many better reasons to hate your fellow man than the colour of his skin.

Top Bottom