Things I have learned today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
My lesson today was to remember to unclip one foot before coming to a complete stop. I may have had the crappiest cycling accident ever
Welcome to the 'clipless moment' club.

I don't know why it is called a 'moment' ...................................seems to take ages to finally hit the ground.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It's very to get used to to twist rather than lift the foot, your brain instinctively tells you to do the latter. Still happens to me.

OP
OP
Smithbat

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
So, things I learned while on holiday this year

1, I do not like riding on anything but roads and paths. Grass, mud, gravel and farm trails are hell
2, I love my bike and never ever want to hire another one
3, Hire Bikes sound like bags of nails when you change gear
4, Norfolk is not flat!!!!
5, We are now saving to get a bike rack put on the top of the car so that number 2 never has to happen
6, Him Indoors' is a true gent and goes at my pace even though it is snail like compared to him

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If I post the word "w**ker", even in a quote, it gets automatically changed to "self gratification artist". Isn't software wonderful.

DaggersJeff

If I post the word "w**ker", even in a quote, it gets automatically changed to "self gratification artist". Isn't software wonderful.

That would be walker then!! Bloody pedestrians!! I was hammering through Stratford on Monday when a girl(walking in the same direction as me) just stepped off the pavement!!
And why? Cos she's too fecking busy looking at her latest text message!! She heard some very choice language!

Grrrr!

Rant over....kicks soap box back under desk

OP
OP
Smithbat

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
Yesterday's learning was as follows.

1) I am able to cycle nearly all the way up Whitchurch hill and only have to push for a little way.
2) For the first time I hit 30mph down hill and I did not die, faint or fall off.
3) I can still surprise Him Indoors by the speed I can go now
4) Yellow lenses are a revelation, left home at 7 last night and it was so clear!
5) Road which appear smooth in a car are not!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
That would be walker then!! Bloody pedestrians!! I was hammering through Stratford on Monday when a girl(walking in the same direction as me) just stepped off the pavement!!
And why? Cos she's too fecking busy looking at her latest text message!! She heard some very choice language!

Grrrr!

Rant over....kicks soap box back under desk
Giddiest pedestrians in London. Station Parade in Stratford adds cabs into the madness, which makes it giddiester.

DaggersJeff

Yesterday's learning was as follows.

1) I am able to cycle nearly all the way up Whitchurch hill and only have to push for a little way.
2) For the first time I hit 30mph down hill and I did not die, faint or fall off.
3) I can still surprise Him Indoors by the speed I can go now
4) Yellow lenses are a revelation, left home at 7 last night and it was so clear!
5) Road which appear smooth in a car are not!

Well done!!

Top Bottom