Things people hate league table in Metro today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Reading it in the Metro today on the bus, I was pleased to see that Nigel Farage at no.3 was more loathed than cat poo. I agree with no.1 - I hate those blasted self-service tills. They don't save you time 'cos you have to queue for them. I morally dislike them as I suspect the real reason is that the supermarkets don't want to pay for anyone on the tills. So, I'm actually doing someone else's job. I wonder if the CEO of Tesco would mind doing my job for a day (out in freezing cold winds & horizontal rain having to deal with stroppy labouring crews).

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
So where were cyclists then?

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
He'll be able to give up driving buses soon and become a TV "personallity". Expect to see him in IACGMOOH or some other Z list celebrity show soon

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Is there a league table of why people don't like the Metro? I'll start with

1) No crossword. What kind of paper doesn't have a crossword?

and I'll throw in

2) Everyone shoves it down the sides of the train seats when they've read it.

subaqua

What’s the point
41. Cyclists who don't ride single file

They reserved the cyclist hatred for a piece about Dave Sherry a couple of pages further on.
apparently he is britains most hated cyclist.

is Magnatom going to be gutted or delighted ?

maybe there should be " tale of tape " comparison to determine who is the most hated ?

yes its Friday and I am killing time before I go home

Brandane

Legendary Member
I like the self service tills.
Me too; but long may others hate them. That way they can all stand in a queue waiting for a manned till at my local Tesco "Express"(!!), while I wander up to the queue free self service one and use that. It helps that I don't need fags/lottery tickets/scratch cards and all the other bollox that holds up the queue at the manned counter/till.

AndyRM

XOXO
apparently he is britains most hated cyclist.

is Magnatom going to be gutted or delighted ?

maybe there should be " tale of tape " comparison to determine who is the most hated ?

yes its Friday and I am killing time before I go home

He's teamed up with Traffic Droid under the alias Sue Perbs to form 'The Justice League of Cyclists'.

Magnatom doesn't stand a chance against that pair.

Perhaps they'll have cycling battles to share on YouTube?

subaqua

What’s the point
He's teamed up with Traffic Droid under the alias Sue Perbs to form 'The Justice League of Cyclists'.

Magnatom doesn't stand a chance against that pair.

Perhaps they'll have cycling battles to share on YouTube?

the office just looked at me for that one. I was laughing really loudly apparently.

why do I have a mental image of Sheldon Cooper and Leonard Hoff.......... in my head now

Lullabelle

Banana
I like the self service tills.

We tried to use 1 once in a Tesco fast track place thingy, there was a queue behind us and no one serving, the 1 till we used didn't work properly and so a member of staff had to come over and reset it time and again, had they been working a till then the queue would have disappeared very quickly and there would have been no irate customers cursing the stupidity of it all, 1 woman put her basket down and walked out.

Top Bottom