Things that annoy you, that shouldn't..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm only mildly interested in athletics, and then only the major events like the World Championships and the Olympics.
What really pi$$es me off happens during the high jump. It's annoyed me for years, but today was the final straw! :ohmy:
Watching the ladies event earlier this arvo, why oh why oh bloody why does the judge raise a red flag when the competitor knocks the bar off? Isn't that indication enough that the attempt was unsuccessful. FFS :biggrin::biggrin:!

stevenb

At the moment it's my seatpost that keeps slipping into the frame and the rear mech that nevers seems to be adjusted correctly. GRRRRRRRrrrrrr

got-to-get-fit

people behind shop counters who dont even look at you when they ring in your purchase and give you change.

those little blue bags of salt you used to get in crisps.......i mean ......point???

ironing .....im ok with my own stuff but the wifey's always has, frills, tucks, pleats, lace, whatever.....just arkward bloody things that takes about 8 times longer than your standard blokes t-shirt

Brock

got-to-get-fit said:
those little blue bags of salt you used to get in crisps.......i mean ......point???

Huh? So you can salt your crisps to your own taste! How is that annoying? They're a good thing in my book.

Agree about ironing though.

SamNichols

Trying to track a parcel online, sent from France, and realising that neither of the postal services involved takes responsibility for the mail actually getting to your door.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Bloody caravans on two lane motorways who think they can over take a lorry going up a hill and making me slow down to 50mph.

IT DOESN'T BLOODY WORK !! DON'T DO IT !!

And caravans should also be banned from all motorways / main arterial roads between the hours of 04:00hrs and 03:00hrs

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Elmer Fudd said:
Bloody caravans on two lane motorways who think they can over take a lorry going up a hill and making me slow down to 50mph.

IT DOESN'T BLOODY WORK !! DON'T DO IT !!

And caravans should also be banned from all motorways / main arterial roads between the hours of 04:00hrs and 03:00hrs

you're more lenient than i'd be elmer :ohmy:

dbg

When the waitress says 'enjoy' as she puts the plate down in front of you.
Er... excuse me, I'll be the judge of whether I'll enjoy it, I don't need you to tell me.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
...and on that note, restaurant staff who solicitously come and ask "is everything OK?", and then when you explain that it isn't, reply "well, no-one else has complained".

What's that got to do with it? I'm complaining now dammit!

Canrider

Guru
British toilets. I mean, you guys invented them, right? So why don't they actually flush, and when I say 'flush' I mean 'actually expel all the water and waste in the bowl and then refill with fresh water from the tank', as opposed to 'swirl everything around a bit and hope some manages to find its way down the drain'.

terry huckle

People who say "have a nice day"

a) they`re not being sincere (usually)

and

:ohmy: How bloody dare they tell me what kind of day to have!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Thought of something else...

People prefixing thread titles in Cafe or Soapbox with 'OT' or 'Off Topic'. It doesn't matter in these sections, no one expects everything to be on cycling...

It's a tiny thing, but for some reason, it just gets my goat...:ohmy:

The idiots in the train who get up and stand in the door lobby 5 minutes before the train arrives. They can see my bike is in the way of the doors. Are they going to vault it? Do they expect it to dematerialise when the doors open?

So why do they look so put out when the chubby bloke in yellow lycra comes along and asks them to let him through so that he can get to his bike?

Gets me every time....

Top Bottom