Things that annoy you, that shouldn't..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Andy in Sig said:
Why are people so weak in their own language that they feel the need to go mid-Atlantic in order to impress?
Errrm, since when was the USA Mid-Atlantic?

I know my grasp of Geography may be limited, but if a country is at one side of an ocean it can't rteally be described as 'Mid' can it? ;)

I'll get my coat.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
"Work colleague".

According to most dictionaries, a colleague is someone you work with. So the "work" bit is tautological.

Shouldn't annoy me (zen-like calm, remember?), but it does...

Melvil

Mr Phoebus said:
*grabs popcorn and Kia-Ora*
Ready when you are?

A 'friend of mine' had to have an exploratory procedure called a cytoscopy. Basically it involves threading a whacking great fibre optic cable (with a set of pincers at the front) up your urethra :sad: into your bladder. It's a little embarassing when there are nurses present as well as the consultant ;). Also its a very very odd feeling that I my friend wouldn't ever like to repeat.

Anyway, the procedure went fine, nothing bad was found. But the fun part came when I my friend needed a wee. The 'lubricating fluid' for the cable is almost luminous, a bit like the blood of the alien in predator. Anyway, in that first wee it comes out almost glowing and it hurts like you wouldn't believe - down on your knees, praying to god type pain - my my friend's shouts echoed out of BHS's toilet and into the clothing section!

...anyway, sorry if that's a little gross, but you did ask, Phoebs!

Mr Phoebus

Melvil said:
A 'friend of mine' had to have an exploratory procedure called a cytoscopy. Basically it involves threading a whacking great fibre optic cable (with a set of pincers at the front) up your urethra :sad: into your bladder. It's a little embarassing when there are nurses present as well as the consultant ;). Also its a very very odd feeling that I my friend wouldn't ever like to repeat.

Anyway, the procedure went fine, nothing bad was found. But the fun part came when I my friend needed a wee. The 'lubricating fluid' for the cable is almost luminous, a bit like the blood of the alien in predator. Anyway, in that first wee it comes out almost glowing and it hurts like you wouldn't believe - down on your knees, praying to god type pain - my my friend's shouts echoed out of BHS's toilet and into the clothing section!

...anyway, sorry if that's a little gross, but you did ask, Phoebs!

Not gross at all. Except that vulgar 'urethra' word, could we call it the Franklin in future please?

Tetedelacourse

cytoscopy = "The Umbrella", correct?

Franklin, ha ha.

Another urban myth I seem to remember centred around the snapping of a bloke's banjo string. Yowch.

That there are 4 women on my floor of 140ish people, yet it takes a department wide e-mail and Level 3 management approval to have the temperature turned down to 21celcius, a change which can take anywhere up to 2 weeks to implement. Then a day later in my inbox is "RE: Request for climate control adjustment" the four women whine about it being too cold and management sh*t themselves that they might be discriminating, and have it instantly cranked up to 26celcius again.

So we have 140 men sweating all day, not wearing any kind of coloured shirt, and on most desks can be seen cans of antiperspirant and baby wipes. Thats much better than 4 women putting jumpers on? Jeez 2 of them are fat enough that they shouldn't need jumpers in snow.

pzycoman

Sounds like my last (last last) place - there was 2 toilets for ~50 blokes and 3 girls. Another girl joined, complained (Ooh i have to wait 5 mins to put on my makeup i believe she said), and now theres one toilet for 3 girls, and one for 50 blokes.

buggi

Bird Saviour
2 things lately have annoyed me.

first that damn AA ad, the one where the woman is giving her son a lift and she says she changing her car insurance (all the AA people are in the back) and then she goes in a REALLY annoying voice "onnn-liiine". GRRR!

and people at work who sponsored the "race for lifer's" a tenner for walking around warwick race track 3 times (they only had to go 3 mile and most of them walked it) and then gave me daggers for asking them to sponsor me riding from London to Paris! some of them i was lucky to get a fiver out of (most of which earn loadsamoney). stingy gits. now i know a lot of people ask for sponsorship, but a least i did put some fecking effort in.

Grant

The first time I ever used SPDs was on a cycle path (Camel trail I think, but could have been the Tarka trail) there were some pedestrians ahead, so I pinged my bell a few times - no reaction. So I pinged some more but I was getting pretty close by now so they panicked and completely blocked the cycle path. So I hit the brakes really hard and slid to a stop about a foot or so from them only to realise that I hadn't unclipped - I then very unceremoniously fell sideways still attached to the bike. I think the air went blue for about a 1/2 mile radius as I let rip a tirade of expletives and EDUCATED them about what they should do when they hear a cyclists bell.

Top Bottom