Things that annoy you, that shouldn't..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brock

Bar staff that ask 'Right, who's next?' when they've been there themselves the whole time.. It's their bloody job to know who's next, it shouldn't be down the the customers to fight it out. Suppose that's what you get for venturing into bloody Wetherspoon's and the like.

col

Legendary Member
When your out with mates ,and theres always one who wont get the first in,waits till half way through say four of us then gets em in .so only getting one round all night,while everyone else gets two in,always the same one timing it .(tight as a gnats chuff)

Keith Oates

Janner
In Asia when it's not raining the sun shines and all the locals still keep the umbrellas up. Perhaps that's why they all walk in the street, it's safer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gpx001

Über Member
I was reminded of this one today and that's when cars and vans squeeze past then pull out when they've actually passed you. Scarey if that's how quick their reflexes are!

The other is 4x4s and those massive pick up things - no real reason apart from their gas guzzling traits (apart from farmers and those who really need them for their work)

col

Legendary Member
Cars that dont let you out or cut you up,then stop dead in front of you to let someone out.

Brock

It seems to me that most of the things people are suggesting actually should annoy you, so aren't quite what the OP was looking for?

My more considered contribution is:
Cars.

jonesy

Guru
I'm currently finding two very frequent public announcements very irritating.

Annoyance no. 1, on First Great Western Trains: after every single station there is an utterly pointless announcement asking us to read the 'important safety information' and telling us that this is also available in Braille on request. No-one every reads the leaflets and I wonder if they have ever had a single request for the Braille version? This is the arse-covering form of health and safety, telling everyone on the safest form of land transport to read a pointless leaflet presumably ticks a box for them somewhere in the HSE.

Annoyance no.2, in Sainsbury's, "Good morning ladies and gentlemen, this is a colleague announcement, please could Jo Bloggs go to the XX desk ". What was wrong with "Staff announcement...."? Immediately all the customers know it doesn't apply to them and they can ignore it.

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
1/ Women who complain about men leaving the toilet seat up. I expend more calories lifting it after you last use it than you do flipping it down after I use it.

2/ People who list loads of "allergies". You're a fussy eater who realises you're deeply irritating to the poor sod who's invited you to dinner, so you pass it off as a disease.

3/ "Your call is important to us". No its not, or you'd employ enough staff to answer the phone.

4/ Wanting to get some crappy chocolates in a garage as a quiz prize and finding the piles of tooth rot had been replaced by healthy M&S stuff. A garage meal SHOULD be a Mars Bar washed down with Glucozade.

5/ Numbered paragraphs.

I'll get me coat.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
mjones said:
Annoyance no. 1, on First Great Western Trains: after every single station there is an utterly pointless announcement asking us to read the 'important safety information' and telling us that this is also available in Braille on request. No-one every reads the leaflets and I wonder if they have ever had a single request for the Braille version? This is the arse-covering form of health and safety, telling everyone on the safest form of land transport to read a pointless leaflet presumably ticks a box for them somewhere in the HSE.

Argh, yes, and the way after every station the buffet person has to come on and list their entire menu for you. Look, just say "There's a buffet car in coach x, with hot and cold drinks and snacks." That covers the lot.

And on Virgin trains, there's the LED scrolling display at each end of the carriage, telling you what coach it is, next stop etc, where to put your bags. Half the time, it's just set on This is Coach F. I think they should programme in jokes. (proper corny inoffensive cracker type jokes). Might get people smiling a bit.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
bof said:
1/ Women who complain about men leaving the toilet seat up. I expend more calories lifting it after you last use it than you do flipping it down after I use it.

I'm not one of these, I'm not that bothered, but why can't men aim better? Like the gap left with the seat down isn't enough? I mean women are expected to be able to hit a small stick for a pregnancy test, and we have nothing to aim with!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch;39799][QUOTE=bof said:

I'm not one of these, I'm not that bothered, but why can't men aim better? Like the gap left with the seat down isn't enough? I mean women are expected to be able to hit a small stick for a pregnancy test, and we have nothing to aim with![/QUOTE]

you should see the thing ladies have to pee in to take a sample to the anti-natal clinic. even i couldn't aim into it, even if it was just between my feet on the floor, so god knows how ladies are meant to manage :sad:;)

i never really quite get a womans point of view on this one, if we are such bad shots then surely woman should have respect for our misfortune of not peeing as they do at point blank range, everytime THEY use the toilet they should put the seat up...how did we men get lumbered with the constant comments about how we should put the seat down when we're done!

Big Bren

A friend of mine has a malfunctioning toilet seat - when it's lifted for male urination, it stays in the up position for a second or two, usually just long enough to get into full flow, then inexplicably crashes down, painfully swiping the glans and splashing piss all over the place. Very irritating.

Bren

Top Bottom