Things that annoy you, that shouldn't..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
My main pet hate is drivers who have a mobile phone glued to their ears. And it is nearly always people with the more expensive cars.

Also, drivers who have their stereo system so loud, the windows shake. They must all go deaf by the time they reach puberty ;)

Big Bren said:
People who start a sentence by saying
'With respect' (which really means 'with complete lack of respect')

Bren

Did it never occur to you that that's exacly why people say "with respect"? I say it to people I have no respect for whatsoever. They know it, and I know they know, but because I've been superficially polite, I can get away with it. It's a very useful phrase.;)

col

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
Did it never occur to you that that's exacly why people say "with respect"? I say it to people I have no respect for whatsoever. They know it, and I know they know, but because I've been superficially polite, I can get away with it. It's a very useful phrase.;)

Yes,similar to the "Ill be honest with you" brigade :sad:

Amanda P

Legendary Member
The AA advert (or is it RAC?) featuring the song “You’ve got a friend”.

They’ve edited it down to fit in the time by cutting a few beats from the spaces between lines.

With the rhythm fouled up it really doesn’t work and it irritates the hell out of me.

yenrod

Why do people seem to take soo bloody long getting into and out of cars - i noticed whilst running on pavement the road today when out for a run this eve...

Just bloody why !!!!

I get annoyed by the formulaic apology for crowded South West trains... Also, people with folding bikes should not be allowed to take up space on trains during peak periods. Two people + can squeeze into the space occupied by some museli munching pinko liberal sweaty merchant banker type... ;)

col

Legendary Member
yenrod said:
Why do people seem to take soo bloody long getting into and out of cars - i noticed whilst running on pavement the road today when out for a run this eve...

Just bloody why !!!!

Cos grunt,im not as groan,flexible as i used to be and a liitle overweight faaaart! too.

All the people who MUST get off the train before me in the evening just because I've got a bike. It doesn't matter that I've stood for 15 mins next to the toilet with it because all the seats are taken, they have to be frickin' first.

purpleR

Guru
1) shop assistants who hold out their hand for the money without having told me how much it is
2) when I hold out my hand for the change, the assistant dumps it on the counter
3) midnight binmen
4) when the council turns on the beeper on the ped lights near my flat, and it beeps intermittently all day and night even when no-one has pressed the button
5) getting a cup of tea in a dark coloured mug. Tea should be in a white mug so you can see how strong it is.
6) people at my work who bring me a mug of soup, and they have chosen a pink mug to put the soup into. Pink mugs are not for savoury drinks
7) people who don't wash their mug properly and it's still caked in lipstick/ sticky tea
8) getting patronised by anyone
9) knuckle-cracking or pulling
10) when someone sat next to me on the bus dives for a newly empty seat like I've got ebola fever

loads more but I've got a train to catch ;)

purpleR

Guru
11) the fact hat my bedside clock is so bright I've got to box it in with books before I go to sleep, otherwise it lights up the whole room. And if I wake in the night, I have to move the books to see what time it is, then pile them back up round it so I can get back to sleep. And when the alarm goes in the morning, I have to scrabble about to switch it off.
12) the fact that this clock was a present from my mum, and I don't want to replace it because I would feel ungrateful.
13) the last clock I had was also a present, and it wasn't really broken when I replaced it - I just wanted a fancier one

bonj2

what annoys me is the way shops insist on always giving you a receipt no matter how small the item and unlikely to take it back you are, and the ones that when the change is a note and coins, they place the note in your hand and the coins on top of it.

purpleR

Guru
yeah, I know the coins/notes order annoys loads of people, and when I worked in a shop I was always so anxious to get it right, I would forget and invariably get it the wrong way round. Cue glare from customer as coins spill from hand.

;)

Top Bottom