Things that annoy you, that shouldn't..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
When I'm in an up phase almost nothing annoys me, I just find things amusing, especially other people finding things annoying (which probably annoys them even more!).

However, when I'm depressed lots of things annoy me. But the only thing that does it regularly is deliberate (and I think I've said before) aggressive ignorance of the kind demonstrated by certain posters here. You know the people who think that their opinion on anything matters as much or more than those who actually know about the subject concerned and don't think that rationality, coherence or evidence are important for making an argument. I do wonder how these people survive in the world - to adapt Douglas Adams, you can assert that black is white but it'll be difficult for you to find a zebra crossing... but then sometimes I get annoyed by my annoyance about this... ;)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Flying_Monkey said:
You know the people who think that their opinion on anything matters as much or more than those who actually know about the subject concerned and don't think that rationality, coherence or evidence are important for making an argument. I do wonder how these people survive in the world - to adapt Douglas Adams, you can assert that black is white but it'll be difficult for you to find a zebra crossing... but then sometimes I get annoyed by my annoyance about this... :ohmy:

Anyone in mind FM? ;)

bonj2

The 'tea' making ones remind me of a few things that really annoy me:
People who drink decaffeinated coffee, and tea. Aaaargh! There's no difference, other than the fact that it tastes a bit rank. It's like people who insist on drinking 'diet' coke.
People who when making a round of coffee, make it stupidly weak. Thankfully nobody at my current work does this, but at my last work most people did but there was this one guy that used to take it to extremes. When he came round with the tray offering to make a round, I'd say 'I'll have one, but can I please have it really strong please Steve?' And what really used to annoy me, was when he'd then say 'so, do you want less milk in it then? What shade of brown should it be?' Arrgghh! How strong it is is nothing to do with how much milk it's got in it or what color it is, but how much coffee it's got in it. I guess it's the annoyance associated with someone failing to grasp a very simple concept.

I suppose it should annoy the tree huggers more than me, but what also annoys me is the people that fill the kettle up to the brim when they've got one or two cups to make, boil it, then walk out of the room either talking on their mobile phone or go off to do something completely different while it boils, and then come back to find it's now only three quarters full and not boiling any more because someone else has used it and it's also cooled. They then have the cheek to ask either ot your face or try to implement a policy by sending an email round, "when you've finished with the kettle, can you please fill it up an boil it again so it's ready for the next person". Yes, they actually want it fill-ed up and re-boiled there and then just to shave a few seconds off the time it will take the next person to make tea.

bonj2

ajevans said:
Just remembered a real bugbear. Ridiculously gimmicky razor blades from the like of Gillette and Wilkinson sword.

5 blades? 1 cut to hair, 4 to irritate the skin. The fact that you have to an extra one to cut tricky areas is proof of a poor design.

Each successive design offers no real improvement on the shaving experience, it's just an excuse to ratchet up the price.

One good quality blade is far better than 5 cheap ones stuck together.

Discovering high quality double edged safety razors used with a brush was an epiphany.

and they cost about £12 for a set of 3 blades...

ajevans

bonj said:
I suppose it should annoy the tree huggers more than me, but what also annoys me is the people that fill the kettle up to the brim when they've got one or two cups to make, boil it, then walk out of the room either talking on their mobile phone or go off to do something completely different while it boils, and then come back to find it's now only three quarters full and not boiling any more because someone else has used it and it's also cooled. They then have the cheek to ask either ot your face or try to implement a policy by sending an email round, "when you've finished with the kettle, can you please fill it up an boil it again so it's ready for the next person". Yes, they actually want it fill-ed up and re-boiled there and then just to shave a few seconds off the time it will take the next person to make tea.

This annoys me for another reason (similar to sticking for milk in before it's brewed).
You shouldn't brew tea with re-boiled water, it should be freshly brewed each time!

LOGAN 5

Somebody shouting a conversation at me from elsewhere in the house.

Why Victoria Station doesn't have one staff operated gate each side of the automated ones for those passengers a. entering the platform area, and b. leaving the platform area. They have just one gate and there's usually a big jam with people with luggage/bikes who can't get passed eath other - really annoying when train leaves in 2 minutes.

Passengers dithering at said gate to ask for travel advice thus blocking it.

The appalling crush at Clapham Junction passenger tunnel in the morning rush hour when trying to get out and through the barriers and walking against the flow with a bike (same problem as Victoria).

Ignorant and rude people.

Bad and dangerous drivers.

LOGAN 5

.......and..........people who absolutely won't blow their nose on the train but think it's ok to "sniff" endlessly for the duration of their journey....so hate that.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I'm with you on the tea and coffee thing.

Isnt' it annoying when you're at some outdoor event and you queue for hours to get a cup of tea.

And what you actually get for your 50p is a half-full teacup (ie about a mouthful) of some lukewarm brown stuff that has almost nothing in common with tea?

Christopher

Über Member
There's a guy who parks a massive numpty 4x4 right on my exit trajectory from a dead end road, so I have to slow down and go slightly out of my way to avoid it. It's usually just a little bit over the yellow line... I used to knock its mirrors but now just put up with it.
Oh and people that let their dogs run loose and expect you to avoid the wretched mutts as they can't be bothered to control them (about 95% of the dog walkers on the commute do control the dogs though).

Shaun

Founder
Forum administrators who change all the forums and threads to unread and make you forget which threads you're reading/posting into!!! :ohmy:;):ohmy:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Another one for me:

People saying "One of the only..." when they mean "one of only a few..." or "one of the few..." Hearing it more and more on TV.

Top Bottom