Things that annoy you, that shouldn't..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
dangerousjules said:
people that say 'can i just ask a question'...did'nt give me much choice there...you just did! twat!

good one - it happens where I work.
Stupidity ;)

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Those utterly meaningless live link ups on the news where the correspondent on the ground has nothing to say which could not have been recorded earlier and then, because the link up has been made, the simpering twat in the studio asks the reporter to fill the gap with pointless speculation which is not news.

The fact that on the link ups they insist on getting each others Christian names in at least five times. Why do they assume that we have the least interest in their names?

The fact that studio newsreaders are paired and one of them gives the first line of a story and the second one then takes over with "Yes ..."

On the international news channels where the presenter says "I'm Joe Bloggs etc". Why? It's brash and somehow egotisitical. What's wrong with a caption with the geezer's name at the bottom?

Brock

The tabloid backed pseudo nationalism that erupts around international football tournaments when In ger lund are playing.

Having to waste my life working, I've got much better things to do for fox ache.

Andy in Sig said:
Those utterly meaningless live link ups on the news where the correspondent on the ground has nothing to say which could not have been recorded earlier and then, because the link up has been made, the simpering twat in the studio asks the reporter to fill the gap with pointless speculation which is not news.

The fact that on the link ups they insist on getting each others Christian names in at least five times. Why do they assume that we have the least interest in their names?

The fact that studio newsreaders are paired and one of them gives the first line of a story and the second one then takes over with "Yes ..."

On the international news channels where the presenter says "I'm Joe Bloggs etc". Why? It's brash and somehow egotisitical. What's wrong with a caption with the geezer's name at the bottom?

100% spot on Andy - this was a facet of my rant about 'News 24' last night - a pot of nothingness...I'm sure the reporters are more 'astute' than they give on...aren't they? ;)

Melvil

yenrod said:
Morning in general even Wright stuff used to be hip but now even thats gone smug...

And I dont even watch morn TV...

Just for Melvil

http://www.bhkc.co.uk/jpeg_images_06/Pauline's Pattern/bbc_breakfast.jpg

The bloke in the suit and the 2 wimin [:ohmy:] to his left - what planet are they on.......;)

My god - so aliens do exist!

ajevans

MBT's - Milk before tea.

Brew the tea first, then add milk! ;)

It annoys me to see someone doing this, even if the cup of tea isn't for me!

oh i hear you ajevans i'd kill a man for less...like people that leave the tea bag in for a nano second just enough time to change the colour of the water then pull it out, i feel like slapping the side of their head and telling to put the feckin bag back in!

ajevans

Just remembered a real bugbear. Ridiculously gimmicky razor blades from the like of Gillette and Wilkinson sword.

5 blades? 1 cut to hair, 4 to irritate the skin. The fact that you have to an extra one to cut tricky areas is proof of a poor design.

Each successive design offers no real improvement on the shaving experience, it's just an excuse to ratchet up the price.

One good quality blade is far better than 5 cheap ones stuck together.

Discovering high quality double edged safety razors used with a brush was an epiphany.

Tetedelacourse

Big Bren said:
People who offer you a cup of tea, then several minutes later profer some insipid cup of witches piss, posing as tea.

People who start a sentence by saying any of the following;

'With respect' (which really means 'with complete lack of respect')
'No offence, but...' (which really means 'this will definitely offend you')
'I'm not being funny, but...' (which really means 'I'm definitely being funny')
'To be honest' (which really means 'I'm about to be completely dishonest')

Bren

abso-feckin-lutely, well said big man.

fuzzy29

When you pay for fresh coffee and get some filtered rats droppings that have been sitting on a hot plate for 5 hours! ;)

Top Bottom