Things that go beep.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Oh and my mobile phone beeps when the battery runs low, and of course that also happens at around stupid o'clock at night. I try to ignore it, but in the end I can't stand it anymore, stumble out of bed in the freezing cold, rummage around for my phone, stub my toe on something, knock my phone off the chest of drawers, step on it, hobble around the room swearing. Find it by stepping on it again, and switch the blo@dy thing off and throw it hopefully in the direction of the chest of drawers again and hope it lands on top of it and doesn't end up broken. Then I stub my toe again trying to find my way back to bed.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
it work today i was getting irate with the mug heater thingy... it'd stopped working and every single button i pressed made a loud beep noise... did my fecking nuts in, just like my microwave does my nuts in every time it goes 'beep' to alert me that I've pressed a button... I know i've pressed a button, i can see my finger pressing the button, i don't need a fecking beep too :cursing:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[QUOTE 3408414, member: 9609"]I was talking to the postie the other day and she was at her wits ends with her new van - apparently every time you switch the engine off a voice message reminds you to put the handbrake on -[/QUOTE]
Why doesn't she just put the handbrake on then! :whistle:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
@Crackle, it's time you got a proper job and stopped pestering the good folk of CC with inane threads again.
We haven't had an aubergine one lately

car passenger seat grrrrr
smoke alarm always starts beeping at around 3,4 am ...so u have to get up and climb stepladder while half asleep...how does it know to do this , when im awake for 17hrs...bastid things
At least you are awake and with it enough to know it is the fire alarm battery alert. My ex-step-father rather infamously (in this family and with much laughter being his back) heard the fire alarm beeping in the early hours of the morning many moons ago, and started to walk around the house in the pitch dark with a torch, (a 3 storey plus cellar victorian house) checking each and every room for a fire!

It took me (a less than subtle teenager) when he got to my room to point out a number of flaws in his 'plan'.
  • The fire alarm was not going off
  • A fire would have smoke
  • He would see the fire if there was one
  • He would have long since smelt the smoke
  • He should have evacuated the house if he thought there was a fire...
This guy was a lawyer! :wacko:

I was met with a very hostile "so why is it beeping?" by which time it had finally beeped once... :whistle: My response was equally unsubtle and not repeatable here... :laugh:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
At least you are awake and with it enough to know it is the fire alarm battery alert. My ex-step-father rather infamously (in this family and with much laughter being his back) heard the fire alarm beeping in the early hours of the morning many moons ago, and started to walk around the house in the pitch dark with a torch, (a 3 storey plus cellar victorian house) checking each and every room for a fire!

When we got our first smoke alarm we were up at about 2am wandering from room to room trying to find whatever the hell it was that kept beeping.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
It's the tinny tintinnabulation of terrible tinnitus that gets on my t.....nerves

Top Bottom