Things that go through a marathon plus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biking_fox

Guru
Aren't very many. But a piece of twisted metal terminating in a very sharp spike managed it. :-(

2nd deflation event since I fitted them in October. The first doesn't really count as it was a dodgy valve. For all their weight and huge inertia to accelerate anywhere, I have finally decided I'm a convert - at least for regular journeys that involve anything off the road.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Me too. I did once encounter a Hawthon that slowly hammered its way through, but very little else. Superb tyres!

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I've relied on M+s for the last 5 years/25,000 miles and I've yet to have a puncture. I can't sing their praises highly enough.

mythste

Veteran
Hit a very sharp looking piece of metal the other day, I can see where it hit my gator hardshells but seemingly no lasting damage.

What a time to be alive.

iggibizzle

Get twice the mileage out of luganos. And only about a puncture once every 3 months (800miles per month). Are they more expensive because of the tread pattern I wonder?

Wobblers

Euthermic
The Marathon pluses on my Galaxy have done well over 6000 miles now, and they've still got plenty of life in them. No punctures either! 2000 miles seem to be very low.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
The Marathon pluses on my Galaxy have done well over 6000 miles now, and they've still got plenty of life in them. No punctures either! 2000 miles seem to be very low.
The trike drags the mileage down as it slides round most bends when ridden by a hooligan :-)

shadow master

Marathon plus seem to be one of the best,the contact range from continental are good,gatorskins are pretty good,Serfas Seca survivor series are very good and cheaper than most.but so many tyres are printed puncture protected but are not that effective, one things for sure you won't find a tyre that every one likes,I hate luganos...have found one thing they are good for....landfill!

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I managed to ride over a screw one day, and as luck would have it, the screw inserted itself into the tyre at an exact perpendicular to the wheel rim, and went straight through tyre and tube.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I have never ridden on Marathon + but I'm now curious about the quality ride on them. I ride mostly on Michelin 4 courses and Gatorskin 28c on another bike. Would I have a shock? If I were to replace the gatorskin. I'm preparing a bike for touring and maybe these are the tyres for it.

Top Bottom