Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Has COVID altered my sense of smell or is my kitchen really a bit whiffy?
My kitchen never smells...... I've got chronic rhinitis (or I've had COVID for years and years).

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I believe so - it's Yog pots too. Nice idea, but I'm constantly worrying about a burst incident - dairy all over your shopping is rarely good :-/
(our Sainsburys also does it )

I try to remember to take our spare lids - this tottally baffled the till person last night!
I 'steal' lids from other products around, if available. It doesn't really cut down on waste globally as I have to use foil or cling film, which is then thrown out. And there are so many different sizes of lid you can't rely on having the right spare one.

Why have Lidl and others stopped putting lids on their cottage cheese tubs? It really annoys me.
they have now done that with the cheaper (but still multi serving) pots of yoghurt as well. I thought only Sainsbury's pulled that stunt - no lids on the basic range, lids on the identically sized (and for all I know pretty much identical product) more pricey stuff. I used to without a shred of guilt swap the lids over.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Why do young ladies wear their dogging trousers in daylight ?
Is exhibiting torn jeans in public a badge of honour to show to fellow doggers ?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Why do young ladies wear their dogging trousers in daylight ?
Is exhibiting torn jeans in public a badge of honour to show to fellow doggers ?
Eh? What's the connection between ripped jeans and dogging?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Why is Amazon's new app logo the same colour as the contents of a baby's nappy? 🤔

mustang1

Guru
What's the difference between pressing and depressing a button? Depressing is supposed to mean pressing but to me it means impressing it. For example, ona Casio watch instructionmanual it says to depress button A. What gives?

Eh? What's the connection between ripped jeans and dogging?
must admit I was puzzled, but let's leave sheddy with his fantasies/harmless musings.

It is a fashion that has gone on way too long though - I knew one bloke of pretty advanced age who took to them - mid-life crisis I think.

I do have two pairs of old 501s so ripped they barely hang together, but they are only used for greasy bike fettling on my front "open plan" lawn, with black shorts under to spare the neighbours

Why do some people ride with their bar ends vertically, with their hands at the top so they're holding onto the point? It seems a very uncomfortable way to ride.

I'm not criticising, just curious.
you mean the top on skislope bar ends? Just another hand position. Despite some dropbar folks' opinions, plenty enough hand positions on bar ends. I also sometimes use the tops on my brommie's stubby ones if the riding is relaxed enough.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Why do some people ride with their bar ends vertically, with their hands at the top so they're holding onto the point? It seems a very uncomfortable way to ride.

I'm not criticising, just curious.

Same as BH really.

Just another hand (and therefore back) position, although my bar ends are at least 15' off vertical, I'd say.

I don't ride like that for long, certainly not in anything other than very 'safe' conditions.

I don't know, or maybe you mean something else.

Top Bottom