Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Maybe whenever they turn them on it is a complete reset and they have to choose a setting? Like how my headlight remembers its setting when I turn it back on but my taillights you have to click through all the modes to get what you want after you have shut them off.

I just keep my phaser set on Stunning, like Geordie LaForge... ;):laugh:

Or it could be part of the safety procedure. It might be part of the drill.

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
Airplanes. I know that it makes scientific sense with thrust and lift and aerodynamics and such, and the rational part of my brain understands that they should fly. But deep deep down in the more primitive part of my brain it just screams 'Big hunk of metal weighing tons that is full of people (which in vast numbers also add a lot of weight) should not be able to fly and will plummet from the skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!'

classic33

Leg End Member
Airplanes. I know that it makes scientific sense with thrust and lift and aerodynamics and such, and the rational part of my brain understands that they should fly. But deep deep down in the more primitive part of my brain it just screams 'Big hunk of metal weighing tons that is full of people (which in vast numbers also add a lot of weight) should not be able to fly and will plummet from the skyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!'
Summat like this
f198c3338096a67f1620e7c56462fbab.jpg

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member

Try not to think that on the plane. If enough passengers think at the same time, it's likely to happen.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Went for decimal in the end. It's odd there is no word like percentage for a value between 0 and 1.

Well if it makes you feel any better it is essentially one of the most famous problems in mathematics: are there any infinite sets between the rationals (fractions) and real numbers (all the bits in the middle). The real numbers vastly outnumber and include the rationals.

I suppose probabilities and various other things like Lebesque measures have all values in the closed interval 0 to 1. That includes all the real numbers though.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Why does the music industry have to recycle genre names so much? R&B used to mean Rhythm and Blues, now it means some other type of music I never listen to. Country music is now bland American pop, while old style country music like Tammy Wynette and Emmy Lou Harris used to sing is now rebranded Americana. Garage music used to mean a style of amateurish American rock music. Even New Wave music has been changed retrospectively. I was pretty certain New Wave music was like Blondie and all the other types of music brought in by punk in the late 70s, but which weren't punk. Now youngsters seem to think it includes all those synth keyboard bands from the 80s such as Depeche Mode and Yazoo.

Top Bottom