Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
My father in law has bothered me for a long time. Luckily, he has now turned his paranoid personality onto the health service, who have poisoned him with antibiotics in an attempt to clear up a urinary infection, and although he cured himself of that by eating lots of cucumber he is still suffering from the aftermath of the poisoning. He has to lick to toxins off his skin, regularly, but 4 months after the antibiotics finished they are still causing aches in his legs. The doctors have altered his records, trying to show that the aching legs stemmed from a couple of DVTs some 5 years ago, when everyone knows that aching legs are caused by antibiotics. For some reason the Secretary of State for the NHS isn't responding to his letters, presumably because that would be an admission of guilt, but he is taking this poisoning attempt through the NHS complaints procedure anyway.

classic33

Leg End Member
If life is "like a box of chocolates", why'd they stop putting the ones with nuts in?

Venod

Eh up
For years I thought Thin Lizzy (Boys Are Back In Town) sang about Dinos Bar in Rhyll.

And why does Ian Drury sing about two fat Persons (hit me with your Rhythm Stick) and not two fat ladies, he never struck me as been that pc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
In Reservoir Dogs, who switched off the radio?

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Hydrogen bonds that keep water liquid at Earth temperatures when by rights H20 should be a gas. Aren't they a bit too convenient? I've wondered that since I first heard about them, aged 14 or 15.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Was the Bf 109e slightly better than the Spitfire I? The Spitfire was slightly faster, had a better turning circle, was easier to land, and I dare say had better visibility out the cockpit. However the Bf 109e was better armed and did not have that floating carburetor problem under negative g.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Was the Bf 109e slightly better than the Spitfire I? The Spitfire was slightly faster, had a better turning circle, was easier to land, and I dare say had better visibility out the cockpit. However the Bf 109e was better armed and did not have that floating carburetor problem under negative g.
Horses for courses.
The Focke-Wulf fw190 was better than both of them in a lot of peoples opinions.

Top Bottom