Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
My heart kinda sinks when I get coloured socks brought for me, usually at xmas and, despite me telling anyone that'll listen, plain black socks will be great thanks...dont get coloured ones, just black :okay:

I find they fade at different rates so still look different. One of those things I guess, like going to try on a new pair of shoes in a shop and discovering there is a hole that wasn't there when you put them on.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have done my time in customer service and retail to notice a few things.

*while wearing a ghastly uniform*
Customer: Do you work here?
Me: *massive sigh* YES....(while in my head really wanting to say NOPE. I BOUGHT THIS UNIFORM FOR THE FUN OF IT MATE)

When the total is due, I put my hand out and they put the money on the counter
REALLY?! YOU DIDN'T SEE MY HAND THERE?!

When I have a queue of customers at reception, and they have to go through the turnstiles, they all see the one previously doing it wrong with their swipe cards and I SWEAR TO GOD THEY ARE LIKE LEMMINGS! They all swipe their membership cards the same, but moan each time. EVEN AFTER I TELL THEM HOW TO DO IT RIGHT?!!!!!
You make it sound like a sentence handed out by a court.
Wadda you?

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Did you have a name badge? I've often wondered how a young shop girl would react if I used her name. Imagine it:
"Have a good day."
"Thank you, Charlotte."

I do have one, but I rarely wear it, I do have regular gym members that come in though and know my name! But it is a bit weird when someone says it as I feel like they have been checking out the rack lol!!

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
I'd last less than five minutes in retail before I went all Schwarzenegger at someone. Over the years I've seen people treat shop staff appallingly, and have occasionally intervened and told them to learn some manners.

I have no idea how I have managed to do it for so long either! When I know I am right, I get a lil sassy though. I cannot be done with it...If I didn't need the job, I would unleash hell on them! x

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Why is public transport always freezing cold? Except in summer, obviously, when it's boiling hot...?
:wacko:

I have to disagree actually, I was on the train to London during the summer and it was pretty cool - and vice versa, over winter months the train was pretty warm too!

I'm sitting on a train into that London at the moment. And it's far too warm. Can't even open a window for fresh air.

Under the Law of Sod, the train home on Friday was one of Northern's usual fine heritage stock, but the heating was on.
Not only was it on, but it was turned up to 11. :heat:
In fact it was so hot that I couldn't even rest my leg near the heater duct and had to sit at an angle for most of the journey and someone had opened a couple of windows

I am confident that normal service will be resumed on my next journey...:cold:

classic33

Leg End Member
Under the Law of Sod, the train home on Friday was one of Northern's usual fine heritage stock, but the heating was on.
Not only was it on, but it was turned up to 11. :heat:
In fact it was so hot that I couldn't even rest my leg near the heater duct and had to sit at an angle for most of the journey and someone had opened a couple of windows

I am confident that normal service will be resumed on my next journey...:cold:
Sounds like normal service.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Sounds like normal service.

Oh, it definitely is - if you've got the Northern Railway app, you can report stuff like that to them "in real time" (I'm not sure how I'd have reported it other than in real time, but there you go...).
Apparently it's someone at the maintenance depot that sets the carriage temperature and the train crew can't change it.
So your travelling comfort is dependent on an unknown railway spanner wielder having seen an accurate weather forecast for the coming day, or actually giving a monkeys.

Last edited:

snorri

Legendary Member
Why are butchers and greengrocers always "High Class"?
What about a low class butchers for someone on a budget who just wants some scrag end? I can understand why there are no middle class butchers, as all their customers now go to Aldi but use Waitrose bags for life to carry stuff home...
I feel you have not thoroughly researched this subject, google tells me there are at least half a dozen Offal Butchers in or near "The capital of the North"^_^.

Top Bottom