Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
True, it was a year late for the Battle of Britain........thank heavens!
Who was it when asked told Hitler the way to win was to give him Spitfires, despite the Hurricane being better/more robust and having a higher 'kill' statistic.

Lozz360

Veteran
Why is there only one monopolies commission?

And, why in every single episode of the original Star Trek did Captain Kirk give the order to “set the guns to stun”? Why not just leave them on stun?

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
The rational numbers on the open interval between 0 and 1.

A precise definition, but I was hoping for something shorter I could use for a code variable.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member

And, why in every single episode of the original Star Trek did Captain Kirk give the order to “set the guns to stun”? Why not just leave them on stun?

I always liked how they had a phasor built into their communicators.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Why do customers insist on changing their mind mid transaction?

This actually happened yesterday...

Me: cash or card?
Customer: Card....
Me: OK...
Customer half way through me saying OK : NO actually...I have cash....
Me: *cancels the card machine*
Customer counts cash.
*awkward pause*

Customer: Actually...I haven't got enough....I will do card.
Me: :wacko::hyper::wacko::hyper:
*Customers card declines*
:banghead:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Was the Bf 109e slightly better than the Spitfire I? The Spitfire was slightly faster, had a better turning circle, was easier to land, and I dare say had better visibility out the cockpit. However the Bf 109e was better armed and did not have that floating carburetor problem under negative g.

I heard a former pilot say the me109 was a terrific plane when flown by a skilled pilot but any fool could fly a spitfire. Obviously I've never flown either but I can well believe the notion that the easier to fly machine would have the edge in combat even if the other was "better" technically

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member

Maybe whenever they turn them on it is a complete reset and they have to choose a setting? Like how my headlight remembers its setting when I turn it back on but my taillights you have to click through all the modes to get what you want after you have shut them off.

I just keep my phaser set on Stunning, like Geordie LaForge... ;):laugh:

Top Bottom