Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I am the epitome of politeness. I just get annoyed that people seem to think we are lying for the fun of it :headshake:
Some signs get left in place long after their usefulness. So you can add the implication that you are all bone idle to that first irritation. :laugh:

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
Why does the music industry have to recycle genre names so much? R&B used to mean Rhythm and Blues, now it means some other type of music I never listen to. Country music is now bland American pop, while old style country music like Tammy Wynette and Emmy Lou Harris used to sing is now rebranded Americana. Garage music used to mean a style of amateurish American rock music. Even New Wave music has been changed retrospectively. I was pretty certain New Wave music was like Blondie and all the other types of music brought in by punk in the late 70s, but which weren't punk. Now youngsters seem to think it includes all those synth keyboard bands from the 80s such as Depeche Mode and Yazoo.
I am greatly disheartned whenever I listen to the 'oldies' station on the radio now. It used to play Motown and Doo-wop and beach music and burgeoning Rock N Roll, 50s and 60s were the main eras although they did introduce a '70s at 7' hour. Now the likes of Billy Idol and Pat Benatar are regulars and I do not think that 80s retro is the same as 'oldies' as a genre of music just because it is a couple of decades old. I also totally agree with the R&B and country, today's music is disheartening while trying to be squeezed into genres that don't fit them at all.

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
When the cat thinks EVERYTHING is her bed.
No d*ckhead, that’s freshly ironed bedding.
That’s an empty shopping bag.
3 cat baskets, not one used...

Attachments

• 84F25B37-6C85-4ADD-B7CD-48FEF81EF475.jpeg
    84F25B37-6C85-4ADD-B7CD-48FEF81EF475.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 31

Chris S

Legendary Member
Linux is a derivative of UNIX. Anyway, if you get rid of the tilde symbol its going to cause problems for users of UNIX and its derivatives as well as people who program in various languages.

Top Bottom