Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Mobile phones at petrol stations. Its been a big no-no to use a phone on the forecourt, in or out of a vehicle, at risk of a punch in the kidneys from the spotty work experience cashier. This has annoyed me for a long, long time, as the RF energy from an old, faulty or unsuppressed ignituon is far greater, and we don't see explosions every time a classic car or an old DT50 rolls onto the forecourt.

Now BP say its OK and you can use their app to pay for your fuel, so safety isnt so important as long as you're giving them money, so I'm even more bothered than I was before.

TVC

What did know-it-alls do before Google.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Did Maggie deliberately encourage the Argentinian invasion of the Falklands (by withdrawing the Atlantic patrols of HMS Endeavor)
in order to win a war and so gain popularity ?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Why isn't there an adequate word to describe a child between infancy and adolescence? Tween and juvenile don't really cut it for me.
Why isn't there a word for offspring who are grown up? Offspring sounds daft, so you have to talk about having two 'children'...also daft, given that one's 19 and t'other's 22.

TVC

Why isn't there a word for offspring who are grown up? Offspring sounds daft, so you have to talk about having two 'children'...also daft, given that one's 19 and t'other's 22.
Son or daughter seems to work for any age.

tyred

Legendary Member
If a fly collides with the windscreen of a car travelling in the opposite direction at 50MPH, does it actually cause the car to stop?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I done it! I farking done it! I've replaced that stupid notsign symbol with a ° symbol.
Who says I'm incompetent?

Give it a couple of weeks and you'll be back on here saying the ~ isn't working anymore but ° keeps on appearing instead. (where's the smug smilley 《edit》 for getting both into one post on my 'phone's keyboard ?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom