Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Sex is very complicated for a pubescent or prepubescent heterosexual girls, especially in sex negative societies. Stallions and unicorns allow them to express their desires safely.

Next.
And in grown women? Is that just marketing hype trying to get them to connect with more innocent times whilst selling them stuff?

TVC

Yeah. I think sex is complicated for some adult women too.

I was raised Catholic. Had some things to work through. Personally didn't need unicorns, but not judging.
I understand, but I see it growing over the past few years. To answer my own question perhaps, I believe the use if the Unicorn in the film Dispicable Me as the focus of the most innocent character started the movement off and was quickly picked up on by marketing men and sold to those looking for comfort in innocence.

I understand, but I see it growing over the past few years. To answer my own question perhaps, I believe the use if the Unicorn in the film Dispicable Me as the focus of the most innocent character started the movement off and was quickly picked up on by marketing men and sold to those looking for comfort in innocence.
I'm out. I haven't seen any minions movies nor noticed a (an?) unicorn resurgence. So, though I expect it's related to my explanations above, I can't say with any certainty.

classic33

Leg End Member
"For as long as steam locomotives have been around (and the same goes for ships, aircraft, and other large objects that move), crews have referred to their charges as female. “She" and “the old girl” are synonymous with a steam locomotive. The reason for these female references, I’ve come to know through explanation and my own relationships with steam locomotives over the years, is a term of endearment, affection for a machine that is as alive as any creation of our world."

http://cs.trains.com/trn/b/staff/archive/2014/02/24/is-a-big-boy-locomotive-a-he-or-a-she.aspx

Globalti

Legendary Member
This bothered me for a long time. By the age of about thirteen I knew that to make babies a gentleman had to put his willy inside a lady but having seen my sister's anatomy in the bath I couldn't think how I would get that little pink thing inside such a place; I had visions of something like trying to push a marshmallow into a piggy bank. To add to my confusion I was raised in a strict Catholic household and had been told that it was holy and had been given to me by God for making babies, difficult to believe for something so unimpressive and smelly, so I worried quietly about all this for a good few years.

So I am eternally indebted to my headmaster who, for the final lesson of summer term announced that we were not having double French but would be learning The Facts of Life. He began by announcing: "Harrumph. You have a.... penis. And when you are not using it for urinating.... you could be using it for making babies...." and, bless him, he carried on to explain the mechanics in the same stilted fashion. It was with massive relief that a light came on in my head as I realised that the reason why it was usually stiff in the mornings was to make the physical act possible. Even though he whacked me a couple of times I am still grateful to poor old CCT, my prep school Head, for that life-changing insight.

Globalti

Legendary Member
This was something that has bothered me for a few years as a child. Any problem with that?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Why isn't there an adequate word to describe a child between infancy and adolescence? Tween and juvenile don't really cut it for me.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
:laugh::laugh:
Things that have bothered me for a long time:
Why men think their penises are so important and interesting.
Why it's necessary to get all defensive and mangle English grammar, simply in order to justify an obsession with said body part and talking about it in public, possibly as some kind of substitute for waving it about.

On that subject, why do adolescent schoolboys still measure their manhoods in inches?
a) Schools have been predominantly teaching the metric system for at least 40 years.
b) Inches do not provide sufficient granularity to measure them precisely and today's schoolboys are not used to thinking in eighths of inches and sixteenths of inches.

If anything should be recorded in mil...

Top Bottom