Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Yellow Fang, 14 Nov 2017.

1. mudsticks

mudsticks Über Member

:ohmy:
    ??
    You trying to mess with my festival addled brain??

Me no speak code numbers :sad:

classic33 likes this.
  2. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

You forgot Middle

Salty seadog and classic33 like this.
  3. If upward is /\, downward \/, and so on (forward, backward,) in which direction is awk?

classic33 and Old jon like this.
  4. youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

Given we have BBC radio 5 SPORT, why is there so much football and cricket on radio 5?

Drago likes this.
  5. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

When our cat has used her tray, why does she leave a trail of litter across the floor :scratch:

Chris S, DCBassman and Threevok like this.
  6. DCBassman

DCBassman Veteran

Oh, how this resonates...not fun in bare feet at 3am either.

Lullabelle and Chris S like this.
  7. i hate hills

i hate hills Done done on to the next one..........

Great thread this , it will allow me to vent my spleen . Superdry jackets .....if you are out and it dinging down will it keep you Superdry ? I have my doubts ....discuss....

8. YukonBoy

YukonBoy The Monch

Inwards

9. youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

Ring-pull cans.

10. Chris S

Chris S Guru

What's the point of keyless-entry if you've got to put a huge disk-lock on your steering wheel to stop people stealing your car?

11. Chris S

Chris S Guru

Reheating food causes food poisoning. So why is it OK to repeatedly reheat the same lump of kebab meat on a spit?

12. OP
    OP
    Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang Guru

In Star Wars, why did Obi Wan Kenobi tell Luke Skywalker that his father was betrayed by Darth Vader, when quite clearly he wasn't. Why did he say Darth Vader was his greatest student and his greatest failure? I didn't watch Star Wars 2 and 3, but I gather Kenobi only had one student. On Tatooine, why didn't Darth Vader recognise his dead brother/brother-in-law or sister/sister-in-law? Why was The Return of the Jedi so bad?

13. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Kenobi was driven to obfuscate by two things:

• 1. he regretted his part in Anakin's downfall and couldn't own up to it to Luke
      2. he didn't want Luke to follow his father

Yellow Fang likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang Guru

Similarly, I was always disappointed in the Lord of the Rings that Bilbo Baggin's invisibility ring turned out to be Sauron's ring of power. It seemed to give it two distinct and slightly incompatible functions:

1) It made you invisible
    2) It turned you into a great war leader

I am not sure how it turned you into a great war leader. Perhaps it made you very charismatic, or a really good fighter. However, if you put it on and you turn invisible, your followers can't see you. It didn't turn Frodo, Bilbo or Gollum into great war leaders. Perhaps you just need to know how t use it.

DCBassman and classic33 like this.
  15. I've found out that it comes from the "Awk stroke" of mediaeval knights, a backhand slash.

Old jon likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice