Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Yellow Fang, 14 Nov 2017.

1. Smudge

Smudge Über Member

I have a couple of Leatherman multitools, really handy things to have. But because of the locking blade, illegal to carry, so they live under the seat of my motorcycles.
    With the spotlight on knife crime atm, i just wouldn't be comfortable keeping them on my person.

2. RoadRider400

RoadRider400 Well-Known Member

Perhaps not bothered me for a long time. Because it seems like a fairly new trend.
    Self employed people calling themselves Directors or CEOs.
    No, just no.

DCBassman and NorthernDave like this.
  3. sheddy

sheddy Guru

Advertising Boards plonked out on the pavement. Everyone needs to get past your shop safely without shuffling around pointless obstacles.

Threevok and Moon bunny like this.
  4. Diogenes

Diogenes Opinions, schminions

Hotels serving poached eggs on dry toast for breakfast. Well, dry except for the pool of water from the eggs :cursing:

Threevok and DCBassman like this.
  5. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

If you've got an appropriate knife for fishing or diving then it's perfectly fine, just like a farmworker going to work can carry a billhook or a lumberjack, an axe. What you can't do is carry them down the local nightclub or too a football match.

6. Salty seadog

Salty seadog Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

Why do the media talk of 'handing the keys to number 10 to (insert name here). It has no lock on the front door, unless they're the keys to the drinks cabinet.

7. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

Roadwork signs placed on paths really get my goat, put them on the bloody road, that way the traffic may slow down in time.

theclaud and Diogenes like this.
  8. youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

'cyclists dismount' signs

9. Diogenes

Diogenes Opinions, schminions

Really good at blocking wheelchair access too.

10. Salty seadog

Salty seadog Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

In the same vein, on my road on bin day (ooh this is bin news, all gone quiet on that front recently) the guys are happy to reach onto my patch to grab the bin but seem reluctant to pop it back, preferring instead to leave it on the pavement. My road has a full line of parked cars on both sides of the road on any day and any time. A clear obstruction. I phoned the council about this and was told they are not insured to be on my property. They didn't seem to recognise the hypocrisy in them being happy to step on my property to get the bin but not put it back.

Diogenes and classic33 like this.
  11. ABikeCam

ABikeCam Get dahn, Ernie, he's going for his piece!

Shingle on driveways. I wouldn't mind, but people always seem to get that little bit too much, chuck it all down anyway and it ends up spilling all over the pavement and into the road. It's a bloody hazard to anyone apart from the driveway owner who probably just drives over it anyway.

theclaud and Andy in Germany like this.
  12. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

If Essex is East of, Wessex is West of and Sussex South of. Where's ....

13. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

Alexander Armstrong. Is he real, or is he some kind of Alan Partridge style parody? It bothers me that I cant decide.

Threevok likes this.
  14. mudsticks

mudsticks Über Member

That there isn't a standard place for the date on invoices.

Admin is annoying enough,
    without having to search amongst all the random hieroglyphs for this vital piece of info.

Could we all just agree it goes top right??

Or bottom left, even

I don't really care, where.

Just stop moving it around OK?? :wacko:

15. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

ISO 20022.

mudsticks likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice