Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Hotels serving poached eggs on dry toast for breakfast. Well, dry except for the pool of water from the eggs :cursing:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Smudge I actually have a 6 inch kitchen knife I take with me now. Since this is carried in the bottom of my bag I doubt it would be a problem. I also have a couple of illegal lock knives which I bought when they were still legal. What on earth is one supposed to do with such things. When I go sea fishing or diving I am also highly illegal but again how does one gut fish or open scallops with a tiddly little blade?

If you've got an appropriate knife for fishing or diving then it's perfectly fine, just like a farmworker going to work can carry a billhook or a lumberjack, an axe. What you can't do is carry them down the local nightclub or too a football match.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Really good at blocking wheelchair access too.

In the same vein, on my road on bin day (ooh this is bin news, all gone quiet on that front recently) the guys are happy to reach onto my patch to grab the bin but seem reluctant to pop it back, preferring instead to leave it on the pavement. My road has a full line of parked cars on both sides of the road on any day and any time. A clear obstruction. I phoned the council about this and was told they are not insured to be on my property. They didn't seem to recognise the hypocrisy in them being happy to step on my property to get the bin but not put it back.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Shingle on driveways. I wouldn't mind, but people always seem to get that little bit too much, chuck it all down anyway and it ends up spilling all over the pavement and into the road. It's a bloody hazard to anyone apart from the driveway owner who probably just drives over it anyway.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
That there isn't a standard place for the date on invoices.

Admin is annoying enough,
without having to search amongst all the random hieroglyphs for this vital piece of info.

Could we all just agree it goes top right??

Or bottom left, even

I don't really care, where.

Just stop moving it around OK?? :wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
That there isn't a standard place for the date on invoices.

Admin is annoying enough,
without having to search amongst all the random hieroglyphs for this vital piece of info.

Could we all just agree it goes top right??

Or bottom left, even

I don't really care, where.

Just stop moving it around OK?? :wacko:
ISO 20022.

Top Bottom