Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
In films,why when someone(usually in bed asleep)gets shot in the head close up,do they put a pillow over the victim's face? It hasn't bothered me,i'm just curious.:scratch:
Stop the shooter being covered/hit by any blood spatter. Thicker than a blanket.

Usually it's the first thing handy. Would a duvet be as good I wonder?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Stop the shooter being covered/hit by any blood
That's what i thought. I just needed confirmation.;)

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Why do Christians support Extinction Rebellion? I thought they believed that God was going to create a new heaven and a new earth when the old one was destroyed.

Actually a really interesting theological subject with differing perspectives. Some of those from the more extreme evangelical/charismatic movements take that very view - think American prosperity gospel and rapture theology. A sense even that the quicker we destroy the earth, the sooner Christ will return. The more moderate and the catholic end of the spectrum sees creation as a gift from God, to be nurtured and protected. (These are generalisations of course - not all from the same mould.)

bruce1530

Guru
Who decided that today was “National Close Pass Day”, and how did they get the message out to drivers without the cyclists finding out?

Drago

Legendary Member
Potholes. The Carncil don't repair small ones jn a hurry, because they're a low priority apparently. But before long they quadruple jn size, become high priority, and get repaired.

Would it. ot be simpler, easier, and therefore cheaper to repair them when they're small?

Why do celebrity chefs (and amateur wannabes) peel carrots, thus removing the most nutritious part, but leave the almost inedible green tops on?
What's the latest line on this? I used to peel carrots, then went through a long period of not peeling as i had the idea that the skin, or just under it was the most nutricious bit, then seem to remember that there was an alert that this surface area was where land fertiliser stuff etc lurked/collected so started peeling again and have been doing for years. Posted as a major carrot eater.

tony111

Veteran
What's the latest line on this? I used to peel carrots, then went through a long period of not peeling as i had the idea that the skin, or just under it was the most nutricious bit, then seem to remember that there was an alert that this surface area was where land fertiliser stuff etc lurked/collected so started peeling again and have been doing for years. Posted as a major carrot eater.
Maybe they're bad for your carroted arteries.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

Buy organic ones.

Eat the lot, no problem. :okay:

Top Bottom