Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Thanks for the advice.
But what's the situation on the "run of the mill" ones?
Root vegetables, by their nature concentrate whatever is sprayed on the top into the root itself.

'Conventionally' grown (agrichemicals employed) will have been sprayed with pesticides to keep off carrot root fly, and herbicides too, as carrots are a weed susceptible crop.
in addition to the fertilisers used in the soil.

I'd not be so worried about the fertilisers, from a human health pov, but the pesticides and herbicides are reported to be concentrated under the skin (along with the nutrients)

So you have to decide, do you want the nasties and the nutrients?

Or lose both??

Kryton521

Über Member
That advert for toothpaste. "Hips! Bum! Heart.... But how do I keep my mouth healthy?" Says the gormless b*tch with dazzling white teeth.

"Brush yer teeth twice a frelling day!!!"

Hate that advert

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
That advert for toothpaste. "Hips! Bum! Heart.... But how do I keep my mouth healthy?" Says the gormless b*tch with dazzling white teeth.

Hate that advert

I usually reply "with superglue lip balm"

Strange, but they changed the wording, since I complained about it (not saying it was my comments here that did it though)

the phrase "my dentist said" seems to be added in at a later date, by someone with a completely different voice

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

Hate that advert

It is quite annoying having ones intelligence insulted, on such a routine basis yes.
Another good reason not to have a telly :angel:

You wonder at the metality of the advertising agency / scriptwriter.

And how does that actress keep a straight face.
I guess the thought of the money / her professionalism kicks in..

Managed to get away with no fillings so far, so must be doing something right ^_^

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Reminds me of these:

1582552048787.png

The only bathing difficulty she needs to worry about is being too dumb to take off her towel before she gets in the bath.

Root vegetables, by their nature concentrate whatever is sprayed on the top into the root itself.

'Conventionally' grown (agrichemicals employed) will have been sprayed with pesticides to keep off carrot root fly, and herbicides too, as carrots are a weed susceptible crop.
in addition to the fertilisers used in the soil.

I'd not be so worried about the fertilisers, from a human health pov, but the pesticides and herbicides are reported to be concentrated under the skin (along with the nutrients)

So you have to decide, do you want the nasties and the nutrients?

Or lose both??
Mm
Will stick to peeling then, tho do wonder what's then left.

And another thing, if they are want to portray a more diverse society in advertising, then portray everybody, not just the acceptably nice people.

For instance:

I asked my dentist "Which cleans better ? A manual toothbrush or an electric?"

She said "Are you f**** serious ?"
Maybe staring into mouths all day does something to dentists.
I had one for a couple of years who pretty much told me i was an ignorant wimp when i asked a perfectly simple and polite layman's question. I ended up storming out of her surgery/dungeon and slamming her door. Not something i am in the habit of doing.
Pretty sure it gave the folk in the waiting room pause for thought :smile:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Mm
Will stick to peeling then, tho do wonder what's then left.

As you wish.

Bear in mind that the organic ones, although maybe more expensive per kilo, have more 'carrotyness' per kilo, also.

The chemically produced ones grow more quickly as a result of the fertiliser used, so far more of their overall weight is just water, because the fertiliser has encouraged them to take up water more quickly via osmosis artificially forced in the root cell. .

So once you've peeled your chemically grown carrots, you may end up with less 'essence of carrot' carrot per pence per kilo paid.

And a less ecologically satisfying outcome.

Food for thought.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
What is a pop-up shop ?
Is it different to a market stall ?
Yes. For example a potters cooperative I was part of took over an unoccupied unit in a shopping centre (with the permission of the developer and rent free) for just the Christmas period. It helped the look of the centre to have all the units occupied. Not a weekly market stall, just a very limited duration.

Last edited:
Read it classic.
Kind of interesting, but it does contain this advice:
If you can’t buy organic, buy produce grown in the United States or fruits and vegetables grown locally.

Top Bottom