Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kryton521

Über Member
As once again Wales is threatened by down pours and more flooding........

Why, why build houses on a flood plain? It was called a flood plain from the time humans got around to pointing at things and saying, "what the frell you calling dat?" "That, my hairy arsed boggart friend, is not a good place to build your des-res as it floods there every year!"

But developers{?} see open green space, ignore the rubble and empty areas in a town city and build hundreds of houses damning up streams and rivers then sell them to gullible people with a liking for a view!

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
How did people cut their nails and get their hair cut in the stone age?
nails were probably worn down, or bitten, or ground down on stones. I doubt they cut their hair, it keeps the draft off the neck and helps keep your head warm.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Why do Christians support Extinction Rebellion? I thought they believed that God was going to create a new heaven and a new earth when the old one was destroyed.

Worryingly, I think quite a lot of American fundamentalist Christians actually do want to destroy the environment and make humanity extinct for those reasons

Either that or it's a sacrifice worth making to hurt "liberals"

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Just been reminded why I do most of my food shopping in Oban. Went to our local Coop to do a bit of panic buying just before 0900 this morning and there did seem to be more people around than usual, one with a very full trolley. Anyway I wanted oatmeal as my homemade bread has usually 30% fine oatmeal. No oatmeal and when I asked about this I was told there was plenty on the shelf. They think porridge oats is the same as oatmeal. This goes back a few years now and somebody in Manchester has decided that the only store in a Scottish island town cannot stock oatmeal. When I pointed out that I cannot make oatcakes with porridge oats I was told “ we have plenty of those you should buy these instead”. Plenty of choco puff rubbish with added sugar tho’.

slow scot

Veteran
Just been reminded why I do most of my food shopping in Oban. Went to our local Coop to do a bit of panic buying just before 0900 this morning and there did seem to be more people around than usual, one with a very full trolley. Anyway I wanted oatmeal as my homemade bread has usually 30% fine oatmeal. No oatmeal and when I asked about this I was told there was plenty on the shelf. They think porridge oats is the same as oatmeal. This goes back a few years now and somebody in Manchester has decided that the only store in a Scottish island town cannot stock oatmeal. When I pointed out that I cannot make oatcakes with porridge oats I was told “ we have plenty of those you should buy these instead”. Plenty of choco puff rubbish with added sugar tho’.
Tobermory's Co-op is the worst Co-op in the western spiral arm of the Galaxy. Not my opinion. I believe it is now written down somewhere as gospel; maybe in the Gospels themselves.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Why are mosques and temples closing because of the corona virus? Hindus and Muslims believe the time of their death is predetermined.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Why are mosques and temples closing because of the corona virus? Hindus and Muslims believe the time of their death is predetermined.

To avoid transmission to those outside of their particular belief system ??

There have been numerous incidents of these places offering a lot of selfless support, and succour to their surrounding communities, regardless of faith, in recent challenging times.

Maybe us heathens could appreciate that, a little bit more :okay:

Top Bottom