Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I couldn't find one. Anyway, you've replied to previous posts.

Sorry sweetie, soo impatient...

A few deep out breaths, and shoulders back and down.. Breastbone up.

So much better for lung function, and destressing :okay:

My knowledge of Islamic beliefs is somewhat limited, but social care for others and an 'all of us' rather than 'just me' seems to be a key part of the trad ethos.

Hinduism I'm slightly better versed in, on account of having practised and taught yoga for many years.

Yoga having been developed mainly within the Hindu culture.

The philosophy of care of, and respect and love of others being primary.

And thereby the healthcare of each other.
Hence the ayurvedic system, and yoga itself, both of which recognise the importance of good social hygeine, and bodily and mental healthcare.

So closing of mosques, and temples to minimise harm to others would seem to fit in with this.

There is that fatalistic in'sh'allah, attitude oft invoked by bus drivers in certain countries when proceeding through floods (yikes - scarey) but I think a lot of that is to do with bravado, rather than wishing ill on, or complacency about the welfare of others.

I've never come across an attitude of disregard for healthcare, because our time to go is written in a book somewhere, from people of either background.

Which is probably why you won't find it in a Google search.
You're looking for something that doesn't exist.

Chris S

Legendary Member
You said that Muslims and Hindus believed that the length of other people's lives was not predetermined like theirs. I can't find anything about that?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
You said that Muslims and Hindus believed that the length of other people's lives was not predetermined like theirs. I can't find anything about that?

I don't think I said that, or that wasn't what I meant if that was what you inferred.

I was saying that Muslims and Hindus don't apply their philosophy / beliefs / standards to others.

But that there is a general philosophy of care, and concern, for others, regardless of belief / non belief of those others.

Therefore if they think, or are told that there is a heightened risk to others, from keeping their places of worship open, they will close them.

Just as any other reasonable, civic minded group of people would.

You'd be far better off addressing these questions of belief to a theologian of either faith, for a more precise response though.

I'm sure they would appreciate your open minded curiosity.

And do let us know of any response.. Fascinating stuff :okay:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
When someone prefaces a statement with "To be honest,....", does that mean we can assume that anything else they say is less than truthful?

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Judaism: why haven't they added any books to the Old Testament in the last 2000 years? I don't honestly know but I think they were adding holy scripts to their canon for quite a long time. Most of the later ones were pretty boring, Zephaniah and Jeremiah, etc. Daniel was pretty good. Then nothing. Jesus was a non-event to them. The Romans kicking them out of Israel wasn't, but still the Jews managed to stay a nation of sorts, so why didn't they add to their holy script?

Chris S

Legendary Member
Why does Lidl skimmed milk taste more like the plastic container that it comes in?

Cavalol

Guru
How come Vera's north east accent is about as believable as the moon being made out of cream cheese?

The already dreadful ITV detective series is even more unwatchable.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Why do a lot of guys refer to the woman they are married to as 'the' missus, or 'the' wife.

All the other relationships, seem to be 'my'
such as my friend, son, daughter, mum, dad, girlfriend, boyfriend, partner, husband, or even 'my dog' .

Is it a distancing tactic?? :blink:

This genuinely has bothered me for a long time.

Top Bottom