Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
People have kids, spend a fortune on clothing, educating, feeding etc..then when you reach a certain age tv adverts advise you to start saving so that even more of your hard earned cash goes to your kids when you die. Haven't you given them enough already?

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
In The Hobbit there was Gandalf the Grey, and I think he mentioned he had a cousin called Radagast the Brown, who was really only interested in animals. In the Lord of the Rings there was Gandalf again, and the chief wizard, Saruman the White, who turned evil through looking too long through one of Sauron's crystal balls. However, the Silmarillion mentions a couple of other wizards. Whatever happened to them?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
In The Hobbit there was Gandalf the Grey, and I think he mentioned he had a cousin called Radagast the Brown, who was really only interested in animals. In the Lord of the Rings there was Gandalf again, and the chief wizard, Saruman the White, who turned evil through looking too long through one of Sauron's crystal balls. However, the Silmarillion mentions a couple of other wizards. Whatever happened to them?
One became the headmaster at hogwarts the other got a residency in las vegas.

Lullabelle

Banana
Why it is so difficult to buy clothes, it is a chore I despise but I need, not want, some bits and pieces. One shop-clothes are either winter or summer no in between, another had stuff for ladies 70+, 2 others had stuff that would look great on Margot Leadbetter!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Why is a grapefruit called a grapefruit? It's a fruit, fair enough. But it's nothing like a grape. The only fruit that resembles a grape is a grape. If anything has a right to be called grapefruit, why not a grape?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Why is a grapefruit called a grapefruit? It's a fruit, fair enough. But it's nothing like a grape. The only fruit that resembles a grape is a grape. If anything has a right to be called grapefruit, why not a grape?
Why is a sweet pea called a sweet pea? It's sweet smelling but it's nothing like a pea. Fresh vegetable peas are sweet, so why aren't they called sweet peas? (Etc)

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/grapefruit

Top Bottom