Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Why is 13 an unlucky number and not 12? Judas Iscariot was Jesus's 12th apostle, not his 13th.
Judas was supposed to be the 13th, and last, to sit at the table.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Judas was supposed to be the 13th, and last, to sit at the table.
There are other reasons why he's not been considered a good sort than being late for supper...

13 is usually thought unlucky simply because there were 13 at the Last Supper (although wiki says that may be wrong). The idea of Judas Iscariot being late to sit down, says wiki, is modern.

After the 2nd coming, is the nature of the resurrection physical or spiritual? After we die, do we go to heaven or hell straight away (or purgatory or limbo if you're Catholic), or do we have to wait for the resurrection?

I was never quite clear about those points when I was a God botherer.

From the Apostles Creed (1662 version):

"I believe in the Holy Ghost;
The holy Catholick Church;
The Communion of Saints;
The Forgiveness of sins;
The Resurrection of the body,
And the Life everlasting.
Amen."

classic33

Leg End Member
There are other reasons why he's not been considered a good sort than being late for supper...

13 is usually thought unlucky simply because there were 13 at the Last Supper (although wiki says that may be wrong). The idea of Judas Iscariot being late to sit down, says wiki, is modern.
Last due to being paid.

From the Apostles Creed (1662 version):

"I believe in the Holy Ghost;
The holy Catholick Church;
The Communion of Saints;
The Forgiveness of sins;
The Resurrection of the body,
And the Life everlasting.
Amen."
Doesn't say what timescale though.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Last due to being paid.

though.

As I said, made up recently. A bit like papal infallibility and the immaculate conception.
Doesn't say what timescale though.
The question wasn't about the timescale for the resurrection, which is necessarily after the second coming* it was about whether the resurrection will be bodily or not

*I am making the generous assumption that traditional Christian eschatology is to be taken literally and not metaphorically. I think 2000 years of Christian theologians would think that assumption is naive.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
What are the identifiable characteristics of mod music? I mean the music, not the clothes or the motor scooters. How did The Jam differ from other New Wave music, and The Who from other rock bands in a way that made them mods? How many mod bands were there actually? There were The Kinks, The Small Faces, The Who and The Jam. Was there anyone else? Could Blur have been considered a Mod band?

Lullabelle

Banana
Why can I not find our vase :scratch:

Why is it that no matter how much I try to stay organised, I still lose stuff?

I am so jumpy about this that I'm generally on the edge of obsessive compulsive behaviour: My apartment keys always go int he same pocket in my coat, my work keys in the same pocket in my trou' both selected because they zip, so there's no chance of one falling out. My wallet always goes in another zippable pocket, et c. And I check them several times a day.

This works until I have to change my coat...

Cavalol

Guru
Social media allowing videos of people being pushed off their cycles as they ride, by some pathetic weedy little pot head.

Top Bottom