Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've found out that it comes from the "Awk stroke" of mediaeval knights, a backhand slash.
Bottom of the page, carried over onto the next page
Awk Stroke

classic33

Leg End Member
Why, in this age of climate crisis, are people still allowed to drive around in a car with 4 empty seats? Crisis in name only, it would seem.
You'd prefer single seaters
mclaren-mercedes-f1-team-lewis-hamilton-2009-8913893.jpg

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Reheating food causes food poisoning. So why is it OK to repeatedly reheat the same lump of kebab meat on a spit?
It doesn't always cause food poisoning. The bacteria need to be present first off. If it's reheated properly i.e. piping hot, it can be done a couple of times. The kebab meat is also processed and I'd expect it's ionised to kill off anything. There was a documentary where a man wiped a steak around a public toilet; floor, bowl amd everything. It was then irradiated and cooked, perfectly fine to eat but he said it still tasted of p1ss!

I expect there are regulations on kebab meat, which are undoubtedly not followed to the letter, but I've not heard of many people becoming I'll from s kebab. Raw onion that's been kept out too long is also far more likely to make you sick.

Drago

Legendary Member
They have no need to reheat kebab meat on the spit - there's never a shortage of stray cats or hobos to replace it.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
King Arthur and the knights of the round table. The reason given for choosing a round table was that no knight would have precedence by sitting closer to the king than the others. That would only work if King Arthur sat in the middle. So is this what he did? Was there a hole in the middle of the table where the king sat? How did he get to it? Did he crawl underneath the table, climb over, was there a channel he could walk through, or maybe a segment pulled out to allow access. What about the knights behind him? They'd be presented with the back of his head, which would make the jesting awkward. Thinking about it, it would make more sense if the table was piece of pie shaped. King Arthur would sit at the pointy end, while the knights all sat around the outer edge.

Top Bottom