Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To be fair, leverage has been around ever since Archimedes.

It's the turning a perfectly acceptable noun into a dodgy verb that gets up my nose.
the same sort of waffle happens in many right-on environments as well unfortunately - see some of the stuff put out by some local councils. Many a politico is just another form of marketing wonk spouting what are supposed to be the latest approved terms.

I had a head of department fond of 'cascading' information to us peasants below. It amused me when I discovered that at one time an alternative usage of 'cascade' was 'vomit'.
rather puts me in mind of watersports, but maybe that's just me.

mustang1

Guru
People who slow, or even stop, in the middle of the road to say "hello" to someone they know. And then the conversation goes to "oh you have a new car, that's nice".

Oh right, SO THAT'S why you stopped.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
That we don’t have free water in our towns on villages. Leading to unnecessary plastic waste.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Adverts for washing powder or pods. In times past they've always done tests with a white shirt for example. But that's not scientific. Who washes one white shirt on it's own? They should add other clothes to the wash as controls, because a dirty white shirt in a full load may not be exposed to the same amount of water/detergent than if it's washed on it's own

Adverts for washing powder or pods. In times past they've always done tests with a white shirt for example. But that's not scientific. Who washes one white shirt on it's own? They should add other clothes to the wash as controls, because a dirty white shirt in a full load may not be exposed to the same amount of water/detergent than if it's washed on it's own
Powder
I worry about what happens to the plastic around the pod - does it end up in the sea as microplastic - dunno

and as powder works fine why use pods - just seems over complicated

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
I hate it when people exaggerate a friendship and expression of thanks far too much - thus leaving nowhere to go for something that really deserves it
See also sports related interviews where “Congratulations “ is often inflated to “Many, many huge congratulations “ or worse.

Top Bottom