Things that really annoy you ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

I recently started a new job. You know how it is when you're a bit nervous and can fluff your words.

Twice in the same day, I said digical.

And there's a bloke sits next to me who says pecific instead of specific. The good bit is that another colleague corrects him every single time.

You're in or near Birmingham aren't you Mr P?

Mrs T spent some time after her degree on placement in Kidderminster of all places, and her landlord and flatmates during that time drove her up the wall by saying "It's all relevant" instead of "It's all relative". This amused me no end but she didn't cope well with it. Is this something you've come across as a local quirk?

Has someone already mentioned about people who use the word "refute" instead of reject or repudiate?

medals

Oh another one.... People who say 'pacific' for 'specific'.

My daughter when she was little couldn't say disgusting, she said nisdusgting. It's sort of a family saying now! :blush:

Impatient drivers, whether I'm in the car or on the bike. The sort of driver who would rather chance a head-on collision with an oncoming car/injury to cyclist - just to pass that cyclist - rather than wait a few seconds. The sort that roar up and tailgate, the sort that... the list goes on, and on... :blush:

Why do parents insist on letting their little darlings, all of two-feet tall, push the fully-laden trolley around the supermarket, then look pseudo apologetic when you get whacked on the shin, only to praise the little bastards on their handling skills? :smile:
It's not bloody playschool, FFS! :blush:

KitsuneAndy

People who knock on my door to:

Sell me something, especially double glazing, you can see we already have it FFS;
Convert me to their religion;
Ask me my political views...

Actually, anyone I don't know knocking on my door.

yenrod

Parents who let them get IN the trolley ! :blush:

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Dayvo said:
Why do parents insist on letting their little darlings, all of two-feet tall, push the fully-laden trolley around the supermarket, then look pseudo apologetic when you get whacked on the shin, only to praise the little bastards on their handling skills? :smile:
It's not bloody playschool, FFS! :smile:

'Fellow humans' who look at you in a stupid manner when trying to make light conversation, if its neccesary !

People who are TOO by the 'bleedin book !

gbb

Legendary Member
Tetedelacourse said:
People who sit on busy trains and buses in the outside seat and leave an empty one inside.

Or worse, put their bag on the vacant seat.

Oh yes :blush:...ive seen it at every level.
Valencia airport...business 'lady' who draped her coat over the back of the seat, effectively making two unuseable.

Central London..young guy who did the same..and looked surprised when i asked if i might sit..motioning to his coat. ....
He looks at me like 'you want me to move it then'
Errr yes. Friendly smile and thankyou when he's moved it.

Various similar incidences on buses :smile:

The worst was in the VIP lounge in Montevideo airport. Just about every frikkin seat had someones frikkin coat on it :smile::smile:!

SamNichols

yenrod said:

'Fellow humans' who look at you in a stupid manner when trying to make light conversation, if its neccesary !

People who are TOO by the 'bleedin book !

You're a Maverick cop, aren't you? That's why you get so annoyed by people who work by the book, isn't it?

I'm not getting annoyed so much at the moment, except by the insomnia. The actions of other people aren't that stupid when I know that I'm working on an almost vampiric schedule at the moment.

catwoman

yenrod said:

Yes, I was going to add that one. It's very dangerous as well, children can overbalance the trolley very easily.
I'd also add people who say "basically", "actually" and "like" all the time unneccessarily.
"He basically said....."
"They were like, too busy"
"I actually had to walk into work today..."
Another thing that annoys me on an annual basis is the run-up to Christmas on TV, Christmassy adverts beginning in October/November etc.
Rude people.

mustang1

Guru
a). When you go to a website and are immediately bombarded with Accept Cookies, then something falls from the top advising me to "Subscribe now" and another one coming from the left to show an advert.

b). Trying to find the almost-invisible X button to close the advert, and by the time you've found it, the advert has timed out anyway.

c). People who then tell me "forgive them for trying to make money using adverts on their websites".

Top Bottom