Things that really annoy you ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
People who get little things wrong, but think they're right. This morning, talking to a colleague about "Chorlton and the Wheelies" (someone here has Chorlton as their avatar...). Anyway, he kept referring to "Chorton", and i kept referring (correctly) to "Chorlton". It was beginning to bug me, and i wanted so much to correct him. But then it occurred to me that there might be more important things to get worked up over.... :blush:
It's like kids at school who said skellington, or Westminister.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
People who say things like," Oh no, I don't do email" as if it makes them morally superior somehow rather than a Luddite.

I suppose they still use box brownies, get scurvy and rickets and have dripping for Saturday tea:angry:

Arch

Married to Night Train
It's alright if it's said deliberately for fun. My dad used to say things like "Rabbits are very profolic", instead of prolific, and it made us laugh... Likewise 'heffalump' (or in our family, we used 'lefferant', which I believe was my first attempt at the word, and it stuck)

medals

What about people who still carry on a conversation on their mobile whilst being served in a shop.
That to me is bl**dy rude and usually done by the more chavesque of our society.

While I'm on the subject of chavs, fat women who still wear leggings and high heels. (shame there isn't a 'I'm going to throw up' smiley)

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
There's no r in grass!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Back to things that annoy:
Computers on films...they never run windows or mac OS, always some bloody great big fonted rectangle saying "access denied" or "downloading cyber-protocols" or some such twaddle. Evem emailing gets a big "SENDING NOW" in font size 156 so we get the point when the protagonist realises with a comedy-horror face that they've just sent photos of themselves in the wife's scanties to their boss.
:blush:

Haitch

Flim Flormally
The bass line in the theme tune to Match of the Day. Plodding, pedestrian, uninspired, what has that got to do with English football? Next time MotD is on, listen to it. It will annoy the crap out of you.

Top Bottom