Things to do off the bike, to relax. Drawing/photography

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’ve been at work this year, it’s been a challenge, as the last year has for pretty much everyone, whether isolating, furloughed, or working as normal.
I have had quite minimal time to actually relax, but in the last month have managed to use some image editing tools to enhance (you may not agree!) my images.
Below is a ‘drawing’ from a photograph taken 2018, on a trip to Paris.
I like it, but would appreciate your thoughts, good or bad!
A5D4B4FB-DC61-41DB-A29B-84F23491D71E.jpeg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well it certainly ain't bad.
Its a cracking pic that.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I had some art lessons last year and am trying to get my arse in gear to improve when out on my bike. I have taken to carrying sketch pad when riding and then forgetting to use it.

OP
OP
stoatsngroats
I had some art lessons last year and am trying to get my arse in gear to improve when out on my bike. I have taken to carrying sketch pad when riding and then forgetting to use it.
I understand you completely! I’m not artistic, but have an eye for an image, hence the photography, but it can be difficult to get out to use the camera, time considerations being the main ‘excuse’ for me.
Encouragement is often what helps me, hence this thread - it’s good to see others responses for my energy and focus.
If it helps, please try to stop for even a short while to build in your muscle memory to stop and take in the view!

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Attempt at being party in photography. Must try harder.

Attachments

• 20201118_104739.jpg
    20201118_104739.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
stoatsngroats
Yes - it does look better...!

View attachment 568062

(Obviously, too much of the photo gets lost. It would be much better to have got the horizon more horizontal in the original picture and clip it from a bigger view to keep more of the bike in.)
That’s good, centres the subject and diminishes the background well. Did you use PS?
A little reduction in shadow on the saddle, and contrast in the Brooks stamp may help.
I’ll have a go maybe later, but I’ve been doing another, which I’ll post below.

Top Bottom