Things you hate about cycling!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Potholes. Lumpy fixed potholes. (Why is it so hard to make them the same level as the road?). Top dressed roads.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Rain, headwinds, ice, potholes, the 1% of drivers, bike cleaning after a wet ride, other riders passing too close (doesn't happen much now I'm faster :laugh:)

But it all pales into insignificance on a warm summer day when you're out doing a multi-hour ride in beautiful countryside.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Quite right. When driving you don't get to appreciate the views.

Yep, you can't always stop a car to appreciate the view, if you even notice it in the first place from within a low iron box.

Plus bikes can go places that cars can't, nicer places away from tyre/engine noise.

But back to things we hate, I'll go for temperature changes. This time of year you can go out at sunrise needing layers of winter garb, then later have to completely change into a thin summer layer and end up Carrying half a wardrobe.

Alex321

Veteran
The obsession with speed. OK if you are genuinely racing, but your average on this morning’s commute was 0.3mph faster than yesterday’s, SBW?

Well don't obsess about it then.

I don't understand why it bothers you that some do, so long as they aren't going on about it to the extent of boring you.

vickster

Legendary Member
Annoying, not hate but having to lug heavy locks even just to pop to the shops or park up for an hour for a coffee, so to stop some thieving scum. I king bike or even a wheel grrr

Milkfloat

An Peanut
peanut drivers, Ice, road debris, potholes, HS2 construction and Dennis Wise hills. Mainly it is the peanut drivers trying to kill me, but to be fair even they are pretty rare.

Top Bottom