Things you hate about cycling!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
'Cyclists dismount' signs. Advisory of course, but only cyclists know that.

a.twiddler

Veteran
Poor signposting is something that applies to all modes of transport but it's worse at present with Sustrans rejigging their cycle routes. I think they've even renumbered some of them. So I suppose that's a pet hate at the moment. Crucial signs missing or re numbered from what's on the map. Also, since I posted earlier about hating people who moan about cycling, I must obviously be hating myself too!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
People on “posh bikes” with all the gear who will not stop at a red light, that really pisses me off :angry:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Ah yes. Sustrans. Routes that are dusty in summer and muddy in winter, generally unsuitable for any lightweight bike. There are a few honourable exceptions, but very few.

One near where I used to live, goes along a nice quiet country lane, but the sustrans bod spotted a potholier, steeper, longer, track, so diverted the route down it, trouble being it went past a school and wasn’t wide enough to get a bike past a 4x4...

Milzy

Guru
The local rivalries are annoying, you put in more hours & get faster so the locals notice & put in even more hours so they can be the fastest in the area. Also pot holes & the expensive equipment is a rip off.

CharlesF

Guru
Pavement riders on narrow pavements; especially those in hi viz, helmet, gloves and all the gear.

And then don’t slow down, reckoning their speed gives them right of way.

Top Bottom