Things you hate about cycling!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Petrichorwheels

Mind you, that doesn't help much if it rains all day, every day... I went to Scotland for 6 weeks one summer as a child and it poured every day, all day, the whole time that I was there! :sad:

Six weeks?!
short-sharp shock borstal or farmed out to an evil aunt?

once went to scotland for a weeks holiday in a car - luckily all my petrol paid for so criss-crossed the country in search of a clear sky.
Never saw a thing the whole time.

Venod

Eh up
I often hear this not just from cyclists but people in general, with a bit of gentle questioning it turns out they have never tried it or run a couple of times and packed it in.

must be why I don't remember ever seeing a runner looking as if they were enjoying it. Can't imagine anyone mid-run ever thinking "hello birds, hello trees, hello skies" either. Or pausing a while if they see something interesting.
So I assume they are into pain.
Interesting folk maybe.

I rest my case. ^_^

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
^_^
1655459453609.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike_P

Guru
Cycle paths plainly unsuitable for anyone beyond a toddlers bike. A local one for example goes over a pedestrian crossing, a ninety degree turn on a narrow pavement and then an acute 270 degree turn onto a path. Needless to say contrary to an Act of Parliament the direct route over "protected' grass gets more use.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Six weeks?!
short-sharp shock borstal or farmed out to an evil aunt?
My (English) dad's army unit were stationed near Connel in WWII. He spotted a stunning young Scottish redhead strolling past and got chatting to her. They got married a year later. After the war they decided to live in England because there was more work for my dad but we all loved Scotland and spent every summer up there. (Dad could do the first and last weeks but had to return to England to work the month in the middle.)

The fine summers were great. The stormy ones could be a bit grim though! :laugh:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Sunblock. I hate faffing around with the evil gloopy stuff. Of course it's not a cycling specific issue, but cycling is pretty much the only time I wear shorts so have to contend with my legs. And I always miss a patch and get a painful blob of sunburn.

running is harder than cycling

You have summed up the situation perfectly. Moving quicker than walking is what bicycles are for.

Also: my knees wouldn't handle running any distance in any surface, least of all tarmac.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Sunblock. I hate faffing around with the evil gloopy stuff. Of course it's not a cycling specific issue, but cycling is pretty much the only time I wear shorts so have to contend with my legs. And I always miss a patch and get a painful blob of sunburn.

Agree 100%. But have you tried 'Calypso once a day'? It is 'non greasy', alcohol based, and really is much better than the really gloopy ones.

I'm alive because of wearing a helmet , a head to rock impact smashed the helmet and knocked me out.

Maybe, maybe not.

I've smacked into a rock sans helmet (Riding far too fast for the situation, such is the foolishness of youth) and I'm still here.

We just don't know one way or the other. It's not the opinion I object to, it's the random lecturing.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Maybe, maybe not.

I've smacked into a rock sans helmet (Riding far too fast for the situation, such is the foolishness of youth) and I'm still here.

We just don't know one way or the other. It's not the opinion I object to, it's the random lecturing.

It is what the consultant said that I saw after the incident. Guess who's opinion I give more weight to?

If you don't want to wear one that's fine but there is no high horse there to sit on.

Top Bottom