Things you miss about a previous house

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
This is all because of our "toy pizza oven" irritation.
At the house where l lived in England l built a proper outdoor pizza oven and it was everything the toy one isn't😢
DSCF0196.jpg

DSCF0201.jpg

It was 6feet in diameter and with an infra red thermometer l once recorded its inside temperature of 500c ....bit hot that :whistle:

Attachments

• DSCF0201.jpg
    DSCF0201.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 2

sleuthey

Legendary Member
This is all because of our "toy pizza oven" irritation.
At the house where l lived in England l built a proper outdoor pizza oven and it was everything the toy one isn't😢
View attachment 520747
View attachment 520749

View attachment 520751
It was 6feet in diameter and with an infra red thermometer l once recorded its inside temperature of 500c ....bit hot that :whistle:
That’s a lot of effort to go to in order to cook pizzas just for your household. Did you sell them or use it for garden parties?

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I miss the last house I lived in with my parents as it had nice double length and width garage complete with a workshop area at the back of it :sad:.

Plus a few small sheds on allotment
I can understand that perfectly. MY first requirement in anywhere l live is space and lots of it. After all you can always extend a small house if needs be !

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
The view straight down to the sea.
Aaah a fellow romantic :okay:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I can understand that perfectly. MY first requirement in anywhere l live is space and lots of it. After all you can always extend a small house if needs be !

You have me remembering more about the property it was a big bungalow that had the loft space boarded out so we put a set of stairs in and made a big bedroom with another open area and a toilet which was basically all mine .

The rest of upstairs was used for storage I could have had 30 bikes up there with oodles of spare room still as it was mahoosive

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good question @woodbutcher . Myself and MrsD have given it some thought and struggled to think of anything (apart from the neighbours to one side). We have good memories of the last house but have lived in this house since 1982 and everything about it is better/more enjoyable.
It is way too big for us now but as the saying goes, they will carry us out in a box**
** things/opinions change so we may downsize at some stage but its difficult to imagine.

Top Bottom