Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Are you Rod Liddle?
"The one thing stopping me from being a teacher was that I could not remotely conceive of not trying to shag the kids. It seemed to me virtually impossible not to, and I was convinced that I’d be right in there, on day one. "

Did I mention school kids? No, so wash your mouth out, dirty man. 🙄

Rod Liddle is a rather unpleasant columnist for The Times.

Thanks, never heard if him.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Parcels, larger letters, things that are tracked or 24 hour delivery.
Things where the customer has paid for an extra service.
Does Royal Mail send them out with the permanent staff, who have pdas and know the area?
Or with the temps who don't have pdas and don't know the area?
You couldn't make this up...

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Not sure what drove it but inectoutors always used electric grids to zap flys, moths etc.
They use sticky boards behind the uv tubes nowadays,which seems to me a slightly cruel way to die

Flys and moths got rights too y'know :tongue:

It saves the dead bodies from falling into whatever dead flies fall into, like uncovered food, milk, small children’s mouths valuable antique textiles etc.

Windle

Ãœber Member
Dear potential client ~ the quote I gave you for your project was a 'very rough budget' due to the fact the information provided was appallingly basic and of absolutely no use to man nor beast. Therefore I am not able to give an accurate programme of lead-in times and site durations for it, which if you had even half a working brain, you would realize :banghead:

gbb

Legendary Member
Not sure what drove it but inectoutors always used electric grids to zap flys, moths etc.
They use sticky boards behind the uv tubes nowadays,which seems to me a slightly cruel way to die

Flys and moths got rights too y'know :tongue:

It saves the dead bodies from falling into whatever dead flies fall into, like uncovered food, milk, small children’s mouths valuable antique textiles etc.
A moot point really cos it was only a throwaway comment but original ones had catchpans to collect the fallen insects.
In reality, I suspect they changed to sticky boards because...no dangerous electrically charged grid for anyone to accidentally touch, simpler construction, cheaper to manufacture and maintain ...and tbf, a very violent electrocution could send an occasional hapless Insect flying in any direction and risking all the things you mention.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just spent the last 3-4 months pulling a student expenses policy together (it was so out of date), researching what other Institutions pay, drafting policy, editing the forms, pulling people together (the hard bit), getting people to do their bit, getting legal approval and that of senior managers.

The Policy needed final support from the Faculty's Management, so one of my colleagues (the manager of the person who did the 'summary page') submitted it to the managers. Big boss says thankyou to X and the Team. FFS they weren't even involved in it one little bit.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
How in the name of buggery can one lower and raise blinds 'wrong'?

I have been in my neighbour's house, helping whilst she's away in hospital and her ex (no less) who she got back to help, accused me of such and has now taken the key away.

I have a bad feeling about it, given the guy's alleged past record, but, that's her choice... 🙄

She should be out on Monday anyway.

Windle

Ãœber Member
When reading through some of the 'essential tender information' whilst pricing a council project ~ 'I appreciate that environmentalist, carbon neutral, save the planet bollox is needed for your ruddy box ticking, net zero agenda but not allowing any on-site parking and suggesting that a gang of hairy arsed steel erectors loaded up with tools and kit turn up to site on the bloody no. 63 bus is just taking the p?ss' :cursing:. These people have no concept of the real world.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
When reading through some of the 'essential tender information' whilst pricing a council project ~ 'I appreciate that environmentalist, carbon neutral, save the planet bollox is needed for your ruddy box ticking, net zero agenda but not allowing any on-site parking and suggesting that a gang of hairy arsed steel erectors loaded up with tools and kit turn up to site on the bloody no. 63 bus is just taking the p?ss' :cursing:. These people have no concept of the real world.

haha typical. I had a contractor friend who used to drive a digger, and a H&S chap turned up with a clipboard and said he needed to be carrying a spare tyre on the vehicle. The chap looked around the cab and then said "where do you propose I keep it? Up my arris?"

Windle

Ãœber Member
haha typical. I had a contractor friend who used to drive a digger, and a H&S chap turned up with a clipboard and said he needed to be carrying a spare tyre on the vehicle. The chap looked around the cab and then said "where do you propose I keep it? Up my arris?"

Coincidently one of my old clubmates drove diggers, although he only started doing that in (I think) his thirties and had previously been a butcher! Pay-wise he certainly never looked back and could afford more bikes ^_^.

Top Bottom